Therapy, Podcasts and Books for Black Males

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Home - Therapy for Black Men <<---Link

Therapists For Black Males | About Me in Brooklyn NY <<---Link

Two different websites.

The second one offers free consolations, does not take insurance, but the rates are cheaper than average ($50-$175 depending on the therapist)

Booked a session for next week with a Black male therapist for the first time.

Everything is online.

Do it for yourself and your future children.

Sidenote: There is a site for Women as well >> Home <<---Link

In case you know of a woman who is looking for a similar service, but this thread is primarily for Black men to get the help they deserve.

-------------------------------------------------------
Adding a section for Black men podcasts as well.

I have not listened to them myself as I have just discovered them.

-------------------------------------------------

Audiobooks:

Preemptively adding @YaThreadFloppedB!

Last edited:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
5hK.gif

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For some.

For many others therapy can actually hold them back, because finding the right therapist is tough, and other times, their problems are not even ones that can be fixed with therapy.

Its a good starting point.. And you just don't go to anyone who says they're a therapist.. You research and investigate anyone who's about to perform a service for you.. Thats for anything in life..

And a well qualified therapist will tell you that you need more than therapy as well..

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
This is a very interesting topic, an essential one even but there are huge issues involved because of the nature of the field, the people involved and the various approaches.

Not all modalities are equal and neither are all practitioners. People don't turn away business and few still admit they aren't equipped to deal with a certain issue because to a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail. Taking it to a deeper level the presenting problem may in fact be a masking device for an underlying issue and so on but they won't know till they've opened the tin and then they can't shove it all back in.

Most people are totally unaware of the potential pitfalls involved when it comes to the inside of their minds and many practitioners have the approach of early tomb raiders blowing up the pyramids with dynamite to gain access. Their approach has the same level of finesse and most of them don't know because of their own ignorance of the higher intellect that built the edifice in the first place.

To put it to you visually, remember this game:

kerplunk_product_4.jpg

Thats an accurate representation of most peoples inner worlds. They are artfully broken and suspended in an uneasy balance. Now if someone comes along and starts poking and prodding, moving and shaking without a full comprehension of whats under the surface (not just personal but multi generational traumatic inheritance which is uniformly ignored) then you can imagine what happens.

The entire field is a minefield because of factors outlined above that are based on institutional ignorance. Sure it offers some solutions, I don't deny that and its better than nothing but it really is something you need to tread carefully with for reasons outlined and even more I haven't got into here.

I've been working on a self directed protocol (ie you do it to you at your own pace) that utilizes the bodies innate wisdom to heal itself as I was so dissatisfied with what I found in the field that I knew I wold have to invent another way. After all, who knows your mind better than your body because its been with you literally each step of the way.