Therapy, Podcasts and Books for Black Males

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
nikkas really seeking therapy help from AI robots :russ: :hhh: :mjcry:

Dont be a silly billy, ChatGPT cant act as a licensed professional :mjlol:....yet :mjpls:

It does a hell of a job processing my journal entries and extrapolating patterns and blindspots that I'm unaware of :wow:
moesha-dear-diary.gif

Download that pdf I uploaded and join the fun

moesha-daydreaming.gif

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Dont be a silly billy, ChatGPT cant act as a licensed professional :mjlol:....yet :mjpls:

It does a hell of a job processing my journal entries and extrapolating patterns and blindspots that I'm unaware of :wow:
moesha-dear-diary.gif

Download that pdf I uploaded and join the fun

moesha-daydreaming.gif

Did it last night, it's crazy good at breaking things down. Had me feeling better about establishing boundaries.

I don't need the coach, just the material and $20 a month :russ:
It literally just watched his levels of thinking and it was really good

Yeap, his colorful graphs help breakdown some complex topics.

Never heard of the levels before but they do make a lot of sense.

I've always thought about knowing too damn much and here it goes to show that operating at a high level for too long may make you go insane long term.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
That childhood trauma graph puts my declining health in perspective :wow:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Embedding links is now broken on The Coli :beli:
Patrick Teehan

Often, childhood trauma survivors will struggle with calling it abuse from their parents because of a specific narrative around what was provided for them growing up.

*I had clothes and food and went to school.
*They put me through college.
*I was able to play soccer and take piano lessons.
*They really struggled to get to school plays, but would a couple of times.

While it may seem like an entitled idea to some, providing for our children is the whole plan, to give them the experience to have what they need to thrive and similarly raise children to the best of their ability, providing food, shelter, and clothing is easier than the emotional task of parenting. I know hearing that may be triggering. However, parents in an abusive or toxic family will distract from real issues by shaming children about basics and weaponizing them.

"How dare you bring up what happened. What was I supposed to do?! Someone had to work!."

"You know, I have to go out of my way to get you to these lessons."

"After everything, I do for you, and you still won't do this for me!?"

"You know...Dad had to drive four hours to come to your graduation...you know that, right?"

These narratives become our own narratives in adulthood about how we still bury others and don't understand that these are basics. Healthy parents show up, are involved, and provide as best they can without something for something. The weaponization is in the toxic family, "you owe me for having to be a parent." And in reality, this is smoke and mirrors to make children feel like a burden, which is about power.
This makes receiving basics in adulthood shame-inducing when they don't have to be. It also makes one confused about if it's ok to be upset with an abusive partner since they tolerate us.

Have you struggled with this?

This post is not about poverty or difficult circumstances for parents. Families can struggle with poverty or stuckness in being unable to provide what they want and still not shame their children.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
That childhood trauma graph puts my declining health in perspective :wow:

brehs please read The Body Keeps The Score...I'll upload it here as a pdf later if yall want.

Stress destroys the body and mind. Black men gotta be aware of that and learn to release that shyt in healthy ways. Im not just talking bout going to the gym.

There are alot of dope exercises, Core Issue Matrix, CBT, Breathwork, mindfulness, EFT tapping. Pick the modality that works best for you and stick with it. All cultures embrace these techniques except us.