There will NEVER be another play as Skilled as Bean

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bron is more skilled than Kobe? :heh:

Yes. Having a prettier jump shot and post game doesn't mean more skilled. Bron is more or equally skilled in every facet of the game. Like I said more ppg on a better fg %, more assists, more rebounds, just as good if not better defensively, better team player, even has a better 3pt % for his career. What exactly am I missing here that would make Kobe a more skilled player?

scrt

Pro
Daps
but to address op curry had a better season this season than kobe had and displayed more skill

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh nikkas talking bout prettier jump shot gay as hell

That indirect shyt is gay. Speak to me next time.

but to address op curry had a better season this season than kobe had and displayed more skill

Really..the reigning MVP and lock to win it again, currently in his prime, had a better season than Kobe did in his 20th/last season? The thread wasn't a hard concept to grasp yet u managed to make it look that way.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That indirect shyt is gay. Speak to me next time.

Really..the reigning MVP and lock to win it again, currently in his prime, had a better season than Kobe did in his 20th/last season? The thread wasn't a hard concept to grasp yet u managed to make it look that way.

Curry had a better season than any form of Kobe, offensively.

So it really depends on what you mean by skill. Lebron doesn't have Kobe's creativity or ball-handling but Kobe isn't nearly as skilled at reading entire defensive schemes or with his ability to maintain his balance and finish around the rim.

Kobe has much better post footwork than Curry but he's not nearly as skilled a ball handler, shooter, or passer. So what exactly do you mean by skills because basketball is more than one on one isolation skills.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Curry had a better season than any form of Kobe, offensively.

So it really depends on what you mean by skill. Lebron doesn't have Kobe's creativity or ball-handling but Kobe isn't nearly as skilled at reading entire defensive schemes or with his ability to maintain his balance and finish around the rim.

Kobe has much better post footwork than Curry but he's not nearly as skilled a ball handler, shooter, or passer. So what exactly do you mean by skills because basketball is more than one on one isolation skills.

I already addressed Curry earlier in the thread, I believe his defense alone takes him out of the conversation for being as all around skilled as Kobe. I was just talking about that specific post comparing Curry and Kobe this season.

As for Lebron and Kobe, like I said Lebron has him in every category beside FT % and championships which is a team stat. Kobe was a more graceful player, but all around Lebron is more skilled. More ppg, assists, rebs, stls, blocks, better fg %, 3 pt %, better team player, and when you get into the advanced statistics it gets really lopsided.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I already addressed Curry earlier in the thread, I believe his defense alone takes him out of the conversation for being as all around skilled as Kobe. I was just talking about that specific post comparing Curry and Kobe this season.

As for Lebron and Kobe, like I said Lebron has him in every category beside FT % and championships which is a team stat. Kobe was a more graceful player, but all around Lebron is more skilled. More ppg, assists, rebs, stls, blocks, better fg %, 3 pt %, better team player, and when you get into the advanced statistics it gets really lopsided.

Curry is already more skilled than prime Kobe, a better handler, shooter, passer, etc., and hes better at playing the passing lanes on defense than even prime Kobe. Besides, defense is 50% effort, you watch enough games you'll even get to see James Harden in lock down mode.

In short, this thread's premise is ridiculous because there is already someone playing who is more skilled than Kobe ever was.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Curry is already more skilled than prime Kobe, a better handler, shooter, passer, etc., and hes better at playing the passing lanes on defense than even prime Kobe. Besides, defense is 50% effort, you watch enough games you'll even get to see James Harden in lock down mode.

In short, this thread's premise is ridiculous because there is already someone playing who is more skilled than Kobe ever was.

I can't refute any of that.

As for defense, Kobe made All-Defense 12 times, can't just overlook that out of convenience for the sake of your argument. Harden's never in lock down mode, and Curry is more of an opportunist on defense which I'm not mad at, he doesn't need to go into lock down mode cause of the team he had around him.

On offense Curry is definitely more skilled than Kobe ever was, I'm not prepared to admit he's more skilled as an all around player yet.

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

More statistical success doesn't necessarily mean more skilled.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More statistical success doesn't necessarily mean more skilled.

I've watched both of them since the beginning of their careers, in this case it does.

And the only time it doesn't is due to lack of opportunities which we know neither of them has ever had to worry about.

scrt

Pro
Daps
curry has just as good defense as prime kobe smh dont trade on my bull he lock up kawhi lebron harden westbrook multiple times