Thermoplyae Team Combat: Super Dope MMA Format, this shyt will blow up soon.

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
The youtube algorithm blessed me with this after hours of sports binges, the product is a fight fan's dream.:ohlawd:

Pretty simple rules:
  • 4 Man Teams
  • 5 minute 1v1 rounds
  • Last Man standing Wins
  • No Elbows

• No clinching, grabbing or holding at all (All Striking :whoo:)

Having all the fighters in the ring is the only draw back of the format but it is wayyy more entertaining and impressive than you're thinking it will be
They have the Quarter Finals -> Finals on Youtube of this Russian tournament. These two are sick but feel free to eat off the rest of this cac on cac violence on the YT playlist

The winner of these are just winning the title of Russian team, they're taking this shyt international different nations fighting with teams :gladbron: It can't be just me that thinks that sounds WAVY. Salute.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What makes it Thermopylae though other than they try to sound hard?

That was always kinda my problem with these smaller MMA (and BKB but it's more or less the same) promotions, they try way too hard to be tough and come up with carny ideas that take all focus off of skills and create glorified tough man competitions. The end result comes off forced. Whereas boxing can be carny as well sometimes too just as any combat sports (it comes with the territory), still boxing has more matureness of it and it doesn't try to oversell its toughness, skills are regarded high too.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

That was always kinda my problem with these smaller MMA (and BKB but it's more or less the same) promotions, they try way too hard to be tough and come up with carny ideas that take all focus off of skills and create glorified tough man competitions. The end result comes off forced. Whereas boxing can be carny as well sometimes too just as any combat sports (it comes with the territory), still boxing has more matureness of it and it doesn't try to oversell its toughness, skills are regarded high too.
True sometimes martial artists do shyt that pushes them to the absolute limits.................even though absolutely insane :picard:
This kinda reminds me of the shark tank training they do in wrestling or kyokushin where they go nonstop and the guys are fresh one after another:wow:

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

I don’t know nikka but they fighting and it’s good. It’s not really about a tough man thing (yet) because you gotta have a team of technicals and tough guys. It’s the first ever event so give it time. I mean you can’t say those fights weren’t entertaining to Watch for a casual and a seasoned fight fan