These are the RECOMMENDED foods/beverages you SHOULD be buying during the covid-19 lockdown...

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Here are the best kinds of foods and beverages to Buy for Coronavirus Preparation, According to Experts

By STEFANI SASSOS, MS, RDN, CSO, CDN
Mar 23, 2020

When it comes to perishables, don't be afraid to add some fresh produce to your list; just try to choose items that are longer-lasting (we've listed them out for you below) or foods you can freeze. Try to choose whole produce when possible instead of pre-cut (for example, whole mushrooms keep longer than sliced). If you accidentally buy too much fresh produce, know that you can freeze just about any fruit or vegetable (except items like celery, lettuce, and cucumbers that have a high water content and can get very soggy). Bananas another good purchase — if they get too ripe, simply peel and cut them, then freeze and add to smoothies.

Below are some items to use as a starting point for your shopping list, but keep in mind you should be buying foods you would normally eat. And of course, pick up food and drinks you just plain enjoy, such as coffee, tea, and dark chocolate. Also, if you have a baby or toddler in the house, you're going to want to add the essentials they need to your list as well.

Fruit

• Applesauce and other fruit purees
  • Canned fruit in water
  • Frozen fruit
  • Dried fruit
  • Long-lasting fresh fruit (i.e., apples, oranges, pomegranates, lemons, limes)
Vegetables

• Canned vegetables (i.e., green beans, carrots, peas, diced tomatoes, pumpkin puree), low-sodium if possible
  • Canned vegetable-based soups and chilis, low-sodium if possible
  • Frozen vegetables (i.e, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus)
  • Jarred tomato sauce
  • Jarred salsa
  • Long-lasting fresh vegetables (i.e., potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash such as spaghetti or butternut, carrots, parsnips, onions, garlic, whole mushrooms)

Protein
  • Tuna or salmon, canned or in a pouch
  • Chicken or turkey, canned or in a pouch
  • Frozen fish, such as shrimp or individually portioned pieces of salmon
  • Shelf-stable silken tofu
  • Lentils, canned or vacuum-sealed
  • Eggs and egg beaters
  • Nut/seed butter
  • Nuts and seeds
  • Trail mix
  • Dry or canned beans
  • Hummus
Grains
  • Whole wheat pasta or chickpea pasta
  • Brown rice
  • Ancient grains (i.e., quinoa, farro)
  • Oats
  • Instant oatmeal packets/cups
  • Popcorn
  • Whole wheat or seed crackers
  • Whole wheat or sprouted bread (can keep in freezer and toast when ready to eat)

Dairy
  • Shelf-stable boxes of milk (shelf-stable varieties are available for regular and non-dairy milks)
  • Powdered milk
  • Hard cheeses, such as parmesan or pecorino, last the longest
Healthy Fats
  • Olive oil
  • Avocado oil
  • Flax seeds
  • Chia seeds
  • Unsalted grassfed butter (store in the freezer)
Beverages
  • Water (if you're unable to or prefer not to drink tap)
  • Low-sugar electrolyte drinks
  • Pre-made protein-shakes or meal-replacement shakes (in case you get sick and lose your appetite)
  • Canned or boxed low-sodium broth