THEY CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS...the Untold History of Africans in the Americas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This book here changed my life.
664930f5c2b622bbe31f9b1381981265.jpg

If you are black and you haven't read it, I suggest you get the book right now and read it. Its bar none the best work ever done on the presence of Africans in the Americas before Columbus. This is the book that exposed me to the extent of white supremacy and how it has totally changed the truth about history. The book is written by Ivan Van Sertima. He is arguably the greatest black scholar of all-time. All his books are must reads. But this is his master work. Its the book that made him internationally known. And its the book that made him a target for cacs.

Here is the great Ivan Van Sertima talking about the history of Africans in the Americas before Columbus:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm buying a copy from amazon within the next week.

Its an awesome book. Very well written and incredibly engaging. Also has a million citations. Some of facts in there are so mind-blowing that I had to actually check the citations to make sure the brotha wasn't full of shyt. And just like any other work done by serious black intellectuals, it turns out to be 100% true. White supremacy is so pervasive that even someone like me who is open to the truth of black history still finds it hard sometimes to believe just how incredible our ancestors were.

The book has a ton of quotes from Christopher Columbus himself talking about how the natives in the Americas are telling him of black people that has visited them in the past. And how some of these black people have settlements near them and have been living there for hundreds of years. When I first read that, I was like no way all these white historians could just ignore something like that. But just as Dr. Van Sertima states in the book, if you go and check out the diares Columbus kept, he did in fact say those things. He said many times how there were blacks in the Americas living among the natives. He also had a West African ship hand who he brought along to help him get to the new world because he knew that West Africans knew how to navigate the Atlantic and reach the Americas.

The amount of information CACs just ignore on this topic is laughable. There is literally more evidence that black people were in the Americas before Columbus than there is that we landed on the moon. And yet the moon landing is considered fact while the presence of Africans in the Americas is considered pseudo-history.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people got mad when I posted this in the B.o.B thread a while ago. Even though I wasn't obviously argeeing with B.o.B.

JA Rogers is that dude. My two favorite black intellectuals are Ivan Van Sertima and JA Rogers.

This is another dope book that is a must read.
51nfFTW%2BnzL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember reading it as a kid. Mind-blown by just how many great achievements black people made in the past.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have it and read it twice. I got tired of trying to put people on to it because they look for every excuse not to read it.

Its such an easy read too. I think I read it all in a couple of days. Once you pick it up, you won't be able to put it down. Full of so much information.

Its such a seminal work.

Jesus Bhrist

All Star
Daps
I wanna Buy All 3 Volumes Of Sex and Race by J.A. Rogers, with all the shaming of black men dating white and non-black women being done by black women and seeing posters link LSA articles of black women calling black men worthless & basically grooming their daughters for non-black men, I became curious and J.A. Rogers is one of the intellectuals that touches on this topic

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I like J.A. Rogers but I doubt thecoli will he says in his own text that he goes back 8 generations to consider someone black. So a lot of the people he named were mixed raced. And Ivan Sertima books was based heavy on Leo Weiner's Book Africa the Discovery of America. I believe he has it listed in the back as a source for some of his statements.
51Ym4gIQThL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

JA Rogers is that dude. My two favorite black intellectuals are Ivan Van Sertima and JA Rogers.

This is another dope book that is a must read.
51nfFTW%2BnzL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I remember reading it as a kid. Mind-blown by just how many great achievements black people made in the past.

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have it and read it twice. I got tired of trying to put people on to it because they look for every excuse not to read it.
Sounds like they're suffering from some cognitive dissonance. I used to be like that, my dad was droppin knowledge on me my whole childhood, but i always thought it was bullshyt. Then when i was in my early twenties and i started reading more, everything my father told me started to make sense, almost like an explosion happened in my head. Ny's pan african scene also helped.

Even if they arent consciously listening now, their sub conscious is, and sooner or later they will come around.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good read but the second you bring up Van Sertima in an academic debate it's generally :skip:. Look at some of the other theories for precolumbian African contact (I've found success citing Heyerdahl in college papers.)

Repped for the culture though broham.:salute:

I don't care what cacs think. Its should not be our business to convince them about the truth of black history. Our concern should be with young black boys and girls.

We need to educate OUR COMMUNITY and free them from this mental slavery that white supremacy still has over our minds.

Cacs by their own need for genetic survival will never accept black people as being equal to them. Their survival requires this belief in inherent superiority which is why they'll never acknowledge the works of someone like Ivan Van Sertima. To do so would be to admit they are no longer superior to all races.