James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
13e.png
:mjpls:

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Are people actually running with this rumor as it’s been proven true multiple times over the years to not be true?

It’s doing a major disservice to Jamie Lynn Spears, the child and the father who looks exactly similar to each other making the constant rumor look even foolish.
Why the fukk would you say "it's proven true to not be true"? Are you trying to make a point or confuse nikkas? :why:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why the fukk would you say "it's proven true to not be true" :why:
Because you look at the kid and her dad and see how they look exactly identical to each other. Therefore the rumor holds no merit, yet people keep trotting it out here as if it's true. The father of the kid has been well known for years, yet people choose not to do simple research to continue their narrative.

The real reason that show got cancelled is because teenage pregnancy is not good optics especially when it involves the face of the show.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Because you look at the kid and her dad and see how they look exactly identical to each other. Therefore the rumor holds no merit, yet people keep trotting it out here as if it's true. The father of the kid has been well known for years, yet people choose not to do simple research to continue their narrative.

The real reason that show got cancelled is because teenage pregnancy is not good optics especially when it involves the face of the show.
Read the edit breh. Just say "it was proven to not be true" :dahell:

I'm not arguing your point, I'm arguing the way you typed it :snoop:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

Besides, the show had already wrapped up filming by the time Jamie announced her pregnancy. I remember reading about it in the paper. Season four was done in the summer of '07, the announcement came in December, and the new episodes started airing a month later.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Besides, the show had already wrapped up filming by the time Jamie announced her pregnancy. I remember reading about it in the paper. Season four was done in the summer of '07, the announcement came in December, and the new episodes started airing a month later.
I have always found it weird that people believe that rumor to be true, when all indications from the people directly involved that it isn't.

I guess my question would be is what are they going to discuss in the special. A lot of the actors on the shows outside of McCurdy still rock with him and think highly of them, so I'd imagine they're going to lean into how much of an a$$hole he was to the people on set and the abuse that it reported to have taken place.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It was all good while the money was coming in for the network. His shows have been the most successful in Nick's history

Age old tale. He didn't get fired till the money dried up :francis:
Yeah this cac is a pervert but those Nick execs who knew what type of time he was on and swept his deviancy under the rug because it was good for business are just as much to blame and should be up on charges as well, complete enablers

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
so the documentary drops march 17. Lets see if it has the same effect as Surviving R. Kelly :mjpls:
If by that you mean litigation, I expect it will

If you're talking about cultural relevance, maybe a little but I don't think it'll be nowhere near that. We all grew up on his shows, but nobody was a fan of the cac himself like with r kelly.

I think everyone is in agreement that he did that shyt. Not even like he has weinstein level of pull in the industry. I could be wrong, of course. But I doubt anybody is gonna step in to save him. Especially since a child actor was a victim

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
What y'all think Dan is doin right now as he anticipates this release? Pacing back and forth in constant anxiety? :patrice:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Yeah this cac is a pervert but those Nick execs who knew what type of time he was on and swept his deviancy under the rug because it was good for business are just as much to blame and should be up on charges as well, complete enablers
It makes me mad and sad cause the only reason it's being called out now is for the folks behind the doc to make money :snoop:

The industry sees the trend of execs and celebs being called out for rape, SA, and pedophilia and wants to cash in. The whole idea of it rubs me the wrong way

I'm glad the victims finally can get their story out there, but hate stuff like this that turns it into another rollout

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
If by that you mean litigation, I expect it will

If you're talking about cultural relevance, maybe a little but I don't think it'll be nowhere near that. We all grew up on his shows, but nobody was a fan of the cac himself like with r kelly.

I think everyone is in agreement that he did that shyt. Not even like he has weinstein level of pull in the industry. I could be wrong, of course. But I doubt anybody is gonna step in to save him. Especially since a child actor was a victim
Not to people don't talk then he won't because if I remember correctly, no one has actually ever accused him of sexual assault or rape and the majority of the rumors have been from people on the internet.

The most that have people have actually came out and corroborated is that he was an a$$hole to people on the set and difficult to work with. That's not really enough to get litigation against him.

More people need to start talking and I guess we'll see if that happens when the special is released. Even then, I'm not necessarily sure that will happen based on the premise of the docuseries.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
outside of Zoey, all his shows were ass

spaghetti tacos? :scust:

edit: took a quick glance at his wiki again.. and I take that back:francis:
Zoey 101 was the weakest one :dahell:

Drake & Josh was the goat during the early 2000's

Kenen and Kel for the 90s

iCarly and victorious were nice too