things from "The Wire" that you wish was different

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never liked how lil homey got the drop on Omar in the corner store

that shyt just didnt sit right with me

this. its just like in no country for old men where they seemed to be setting up an epic showdown between two main characters, and one gets got by some random third party :beli:

complete BULLshyt
Nothing. one of the few Perfect shows ever made.

far from perfect

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
all of you wishing things had been different according to your preferences for characters and possible story arcs need to take a long look at this gif and remember that it was directed at THE VIEWER, not some character on the far fringes of the show

tumblr_mzjk45sBoJ1qbtvygo2_250.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this. its just like in no country for old men where they seemed to be setting up an epic showdown between two main characters, and one gets got by some random third party :beli:

complete BULLshyt

far from perfect

The main character was Tommy Lee Jones, all that other shyt was the back drop for what he was talking about, and the name of the movie.

As far as the thread, pretty much the entirety of season 5.

Fred.

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Omar getting murked by a kid wasn't out the blue as some of you think. The show went out it's way to show Omar having a soft heart towards kids and even letting his guard down around them. Shyyt, before he got his head blown off they show Omar turning around and looking at the person entering the store when he heard the bell go off only to ignore them. Why, because it was Kenard. Rewatch the show, you have Omar dismissing Michael's meeting with Marlo, saying "he's just a kid".......but we all know it's an important moment in the show.

It was the ONLY logical conclusion that someone he didn't suspect get that close enough to him to blast him. .

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
I wish season 5 would have had McNulty get pushed to the breaking point to where he decides to quit and walk away frim being a cop instead of that bullshyt red ribbon killer shut that led to him getting fired
McNulty should have been given the Bad Lieutenant treatment after pulling that crap.

Along with Herc and Carver.

But, that's just me.

Xstasia

Rookie
Daps
think they where trying to show there were people in the game before Omar and them. and a new generation was about to take their place. circle of life and all.

No matter how some things broke my heart in the show I wouldn't change a thing... except season 2 but I tend to forget it even happened so...:yeshrug:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Slim was basically "head of muscle" that's it

Season 2-3 hierarchy is

Avon
Stringer
Shamrock
Bey
Little man-savino-bird-cutty-stinkum
Ronnie moe
Bodie

After everyone between stringer and bodies level got locked up retired or killed, they hired slim as essentially head enforcer...he was directly under string.

If we're doing an org chart, I'd put Shamrock in an executive assistant role. There is no way he had a voice at any c-suite meetings.