Think and grow rich

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Anyone ever 'Think and Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill?

A few years ago one the old heads around the way who was always on my case about everything (cussing, saggin my pants, rap music) told me to read this book and it will change my life.

Of course I ignored him until I just recently finished my internship and my boss told me the only tool I needed was this book :ohhh:

I'm about to pick it up tomorrow and wanted to know if anyone else has read it Does it work? Is it a waste of time? Is it just a hustle?

Share your thoughts brehs

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
never read it, but from what i know about it i find the metaphysical aspects to be nonsense. the overarching theme, specifically, is borderline capitalist nonsense that is not universally applicable in an economic context, but in a less specific context, positive thinking and confidence is probably a better mindset to have than the opposite because it helps you stay in a state of readiness so you can take advantage of fortunate opportunities that pop up in life.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was good. It basically teaches you how some people directed their energy to focus on goals, which got them money. An example is sex energy. Instead of using it to get women, and bust nuts, you can use it to focus on being creative to make money. The women, and sex, are the force to get you going.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It reminds you of "The Secret" where if you positively think of success( such as wealth and happiness) but it truly shows you it's about materialism than anything else. Like Wealth can't be health but a nice car with money.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
it's another one of those 'think positive and think the right way' and success will come to you type of books. it was a pioneer among those self-help books.

the real solution is work hard and make smart choices and know the right people and get rich.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's another one of those 'think positive and think the right way' and success will come to you type of books. it was a pioneer among those self-help books.

the real solution is work hard and make smart choices and know the right people and get rich.

I didn't get that form the book. It wasn't like "the secret" to me. The chapter on sex transmutation is POWERFUL, and true. Using sexual energy is something I used to do, unknowingly, when I was young, and it helped me achieved more then the people around me, and quicker. I remember my friends used to say I had good karma, but that wasn't it. I was using sexual energy to connect with people. It's probably why, the most people that helped me was women. They thought they were going to get some dikk, or at least wanted to flirt with the idea, but I separate business form pleasure. Don't sleep on this book. It may read like some mumbo jumbo, but when put into action, it's not.

Here's something from the book:
This energy may be communicated to others through the following media:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/tgr/tgr16.htm

1.The hand-shake. The touch of the hand indicates, instantly, the presence of magnetism, or the lack of it.

2.The tone of voice. Magnetism, or sex energy, is the factor with which the voice may be colored, or made musical and charming.

3.Posture and carriage of the body. Highly sexed people move briskly, and with grace and ease.

4.The vibrations of thought. Highly sexed people mix the emotion of sex with their thoughts, or may do so at will, and in that way, may influence those around them.

5.Body adornment. People who are highly sexed are usually very careful about their personal appearance. They usually select clothing of a style becoming to their personality, physique, complexion, etc.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like more borrowing from the Kybalion, like the Secret

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Basically there's some good things you can take away from it and some things that belong in the bushes.

The thing I agree with the most is the focus the book places on people being determined and committed to being rich.

Most people are not fit to be rich. Not necessarily because they lack the intelligence for it. Plenty of rich people have employees or junior parters who are much smarter than them. The fact is that most people don't want to be rich deep down in their heart of hearts. Sure, they fantasize about it every now and then. They're window shopping and see some nice gear and think to themselves "boy I wish I was rich, I would buy that immediately." Then the bus comes and all thoughts of being rich vanish. That's how 99% of the people are, and that's why 99% of the people will never be rich. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Those that will be rich however, are far different. To be rich, you must be committed to it. You have to seek it. Covet it. With no hesitation or reservation. You must think of it above all else. Work yourself into a blind,white hot, single-minded, obssessive passion. You eat, breathe and sleep being rich. Devote your entire existence to it.

Think about all the people you know: how many of them are really like that? None, I'd bet. But the Bill Gates of the world, the Steve Jobs, Rockefellers, Henry Fords, Andrew Carnegies etc. they are exactly like that.

I'd say that's the most important 'asset' in the quest to riches, more than education, race, intelligence, upbringing, initial capital etc.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically there's some good things you can take away from it and some things that belong in the bushes.

The thing I agree with the most is the focus the book places on people being determined and committed to being rich.

Most people are not fit to be rich. Not necessarily because they lack the intelligence for it. Plenty of rich people have employees or junior parters who are much smarter than them. The fact is that most people don't want to be rich deep down in their heart of hearts. Sure, they fantasize about it every now and then. They're window shopping and see some nice gear and think to themselves "boy I wish I was rich, I would buy that immediately." Then the bus comes and all thoughts of being rich vanish. That's how 99% of the people are, and that's why 99% of the people will never be rich. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Those that will be rich however, are far different. To be rich, you must be committed to it. You have to seek it. Covet it. With no hesitation or reservation. You must think of it above all else. Work yourself into a blind,white hot, single-minded, obssessive passion. You eat, breathe and sleep being rich. Devote your entire existence to it.

Think about all the people you know: how many of them are really like that? None, I'd bet. But the Bill Gates of the world, the Steve Jobs, Rockefellers, Henry Fords, Andrew Carnegies etc. they are exactly like that.

I'd say that's the most important 'asset' in the quest to riches, more than education, race, intelligence, upbringing, initial capital etc.

Damn, you got it. That's why a lot of people don't get a lot of the good info books like this, and 48 laws of power give. To me the things they explain, are things I did because they made sense, then when I learned other did these same things from these books, it just added more to my knowledge, but I sacrificed a lot to learn these things. You really have to want to be rich, or in other words freedom, then feeling good or being part of a group. Most people say they want great things in life, but when it means they have to give up the familiarity of the things they are used to, they give up. I seen it over & over. You will be laughed at, called a dreamer, and have to be strong just to live out the things you want to do.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically it

That's too basic. You have to be able to meet them first. If you can't get into the circle, you can "know" them, but they won't vibe with you enough for you to get where you want to be. That's why the book is good to learn how to do this. It helps learn how to build a certain character, like Mr.Pink stated, to be able to want certain types of people want to be around you. You can't fake it, at least for too long. The truth will eventually come out.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Very well said, it's the truth...

This is capitalism at it's finest...

For example: Look at Birdman(lil wayne's manger), the guy looks like he preparely construct a coherent sentences, but his work ethos, non-stop. Most people don't have it in them to grind non-stop, til they make it big. There's nothing wrong with that, they just don't shouldn't complain about not being in a comfortable place...

Rene Descartes said:
You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing.
Read more at You just keep pushing. You... at BrainyQuote
:wow:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'd say intelligence, upbringing and class had a great deal to do with dudes like Steve Jobs and Bill gates being successful.
On top of their business acumen they also had access to very expensive hardware and the means to purchase it, not to mention they were learning how to program and had access to software most people didn't and/or knew dudes who could engineer good computers for the cost.

In the 80's and 70's personal computers were tens of thousands of dollars.
So the average person no matter how dedicated they were wouldn't be Bill gates or Steve jobs.

However I do agree that there is still opportunity for the ones who REALLY want it. Most people who are millionaires that weren't born into that money and didn't win the lottery worked incredibly hard to get what they eventually got.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The book is great for reminding you the importance of following your dreams. I put it up there with The Alchemist. It's more about who you are inside. It might sound corny but there is truth in what the book preaches