This has to be said about the GOP and gun rights

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
That has little to do with gun rights and more to do with white privilege. :francis:

True, it also has to do with the fact that the state can easily assimilate and channel right-wing extremism. But white people were getting attacked during the Occupy movement (no firearms in sight there :mjpls:). Plans were even drawn up to assassinate prominent members :francis:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
True, it also has to do with the fact that the state can easily assimilate and channel right-wing extremism. But white people were getting attacked during the Occupy movement (no firearms in sight there :mjpls:). Plans were even drawn up to assassinate prominent members :francis:

Do you have nightmares about the FEMA camps too?

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I agree with Cruz on this. Obviously one armed person will not stop government tyranny, but a mass movement of armed people?

Do you realize no one from the Bundy Ranch standoff last year was charged? Despite aiming rifles at federal agents? :dwillhuh:

You guys don't realize how armed forces attacking an American city would cause fissures and divisions in those same forces. It would cause, at the least, massive civil resistance and unrest, and likely defections and depending on the scale, civil war.

On paper, people in the US have the most tools to free themselves, yet have the most narrow and short-sighted political imaginations in the world.

This is almost turning me into a single-issue voter. Democrats can't be allowed to do away with gun rights, or limit them to some fukking hunting rifles. :camby:
Lol.

I didn't expect the last paragraph :skip: