"This is a war. It just is"- Chris Jericho

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kurt Angle never appeared in WCW, but he did work for one of WWE's rivals in ImpactWrestling. Angle spoke with Wrestling Inc. about AEW landing a TV deal and how they'll compare to WWE.

"I want the fans to be excited about it. I'm gonna tell you this though, and I don't wanna come around in five years and say 'I told you so.' Listen, WWE is the No. 1 brand and will always be No. 1…There's no way in heck anybody's gonna catch up to them. If this company... I'm not daring them, I'm just saying it's not bad to be No. 2. If you're gonna set out to be No. 1, then you're gonna spend a lot of F'n money," said Angle.

He then talked about being with TNA when they tried to go head-to-head with WWE. They brought in big names like Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, moved to Monday nights and also started doing live events. But it didn't go well and they lost a lot of money.

"What I'm saying is that I think AEW can be a good addition to wrestling. I believe that it can be a great No. 2 company. But if they wanna be No. 1, be prepared to spend hundreds of millions of dollars," stated Angle. "If you're gonna catch up to WWE, you're gonna have to do that.

"I welcome AEW to do whatever they want to do to become No. 1. But I'm telling you right now, they're gonna have a great run but WWE is No. 1 and always will be."

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
if it's truly a "War", then step up and go toe to toe live on Monday nights :yeshrug:

we all know Vince doesn't care about Smackdown regardless of which day it is aired. so until they go live head to head on the main night like WCW did, it's not a "War". it's just "some" competition.
its a new business and that just not the right idea. WCW and WWE went head to head because both were established and had rosters and buzz to do so. you cant just come out the gate going head to head...but they're letting them know in a few years we could potentially see it again. thats a big reason TNA was trash for going to mondays...nobody knows who or what TNA is and just having an old Hogan wasnt gonna make people change the channel just like having old Jericho wont, granted Jericho is a million times better than Hogan at any stage..

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Good for Chris that he can combine his Fozzy touring schedule with AEW.

But the bigger question is: how many days a year is he scheduled with his family:troll:
LMAO, Where did this joke about Jericho never being home with his family come from?

:mjlol::ohhh: