This Is Worse Than AI - Human brain cells in a dish learn to play Pong

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AI can be dangerous but this is worse. They grew human brain cells in a dish, attached them to a computer chip. The chip relays the game information to these cells through the usual electric brain signals. So a few cells learn to play a video game. The AI algorithms alone are game changers, this is a monster. I"m sure they made monsters already.

I looked up other research where they grew human brain cells in a dish and attached them to a mouse, it's to help cure dementia and alzheimers( I think more activity and less stress can fix but dementia(sp?) but humans in the west love headaches so...

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok...Talk to me like I'm 7 years old. How is this worse?

AI is all algorithms, so the machine is still limited by it's designer(s)

In this case you're adding actual human brain function and biology to a computer chip, kind of like a cyborg

Think cyborg vs a droid, Robocop vs Terminator. You cant give robocop a virus and gaurantee he will shut down

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Ok...Talk to me like I'm 7 years old. How is this worse?
They can “potentially” grow human brains and put them in robot bodies which is worse than a robot having a machine learning AI. You can shut down machines you can’t shut down cells Unless through bio-engineering. This a whole cluster of headaches

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. Man when I was jit we weren't fitted with microchips...
OInyBBd.png

Why do you think Siri = Iris = The "apple" of your eye? Ready for an Android augmented future? Connect your kids to Skynet or watch them get left behind as the newman outpaces the human because you don't really have a choice in that sense when the masses are ignorant.

Keep thinking its a game... Oh, wait. It is.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
AI is all algorithms, so the machine is still limited by it's designer(s)

In this case you're adding actual human brain function and biology to a computer chip, kind of like a cyborg

Think cyborg vs a droid, Robocop vs Terminator. You cant give robocop a virus and gaurantee he will shut down
They can “potentially” grow human brains and put them in robot bodies which is worse than a robot having a machine learning AI. You can shut down machines you can’t shut down cells Unless through bio-engineering. This a whole cluster of headaches

Damn...we're fukked. :lupe: