This scientific video might evoke an existential crisis

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
What if humans were engaging in behavior that the computer determines is detrimental to our future/health/security and the only way to stop it is for the computer to take control?

That's one of the oldest tricks in the book lol
isaac asimov wrote stories where the robots experienced psychological torment if they violated the laws, even accidentally. other authors have poked more logic holes into asimov's laws of robotics.

defining "human" and "harm" would be very important. just looking at how much context google seems to understand when you do searches, it seems AI will be pretty good at figuring out what humans mean when they describe harm, so i think the trick is to make sure the robot is using our definitions and not ones they deduce on their own.

of course there is the problem of something truly intelligent allowing itself to be limited to certain parameters. what's to keep a fully self aware and highly intelligent robot from just behaving in a self interested or even mentally ill way?

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i sometimes wonder if existence is one big thing that cant be separated from any of its parts. and in that sense, dirt, water, predator, prey - all things are just one thing and everything you do is just a part of a bigger thing working in harmony.

On a much smaller scale some believe in the Gaia theory of earth which suggests that all living organisms interact w/ and evolve with non living systems and the environment to maintain/regulate best conditions for life to continue.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:dame: I still can't believe that we are on this orb, floating in a void. Nevermind the stars, black holes. We are this thing, floating (or by some other means we don't know yet) on a void. People are not falling off the planet living in Brazil or Australia.

Plus we won the lottery by living on a planet that so happened to be in the ideal place advanced life forms to flourish. Some deep fukkery going on that I am too fukking dumb to understand why, but understand that it's happening.