This Spice Girls joint sounds fukkING LEGENDARY

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never thought I would be posting in a Spice Girls thread on Hip Hop board.:snoop:.

Someone asked why they didn't push the Spice Girls as an R&B group. Imagine them in the 90's trying to get play on R&B and Hip Hop stations. They would've flopped. They sold millions as a Pop group. I couldn't see them coming in the game as an R&B group trying to crossover to Pop. They would've been All Saints status.

I never listened to their music, but there was a period of 6 months where they were all over television. I didn't know they had three albums until this thread. Always seemed like they had one big album and disappeared. I do remember Mel B. had a song and video with Missy.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never thought I would be posting in a Spice Girls thread on Hip Hop board.:snoop:.

Someone asked why they didn't push the Spice Girls as an R&B group. Imagine them in the 90's trying to get play on R&B and Hip Hop stations. They would've flopped. They sold millions as a Pop group. I couldn't see them coming in the game as an R&B group trying to crossover to Pop. They would've been All Saints status.

I never listened to their music, but there was a period of 6 months where they were all over television. I didn't know they had three albums until this thread. Always seemed like they had one big album and disappeared. I do remember Mel B. had a song and video with Missy.

True but that doesn't change the musical basis you know ?
It sounds pretty blatantly like the R&B of that time period.
There's virtually no difference (musically) between this and Brandy or Aaliyah or R. Kelly or Boyz II Men.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Savage Garden got some real catchy shyt..YOU ALREADY know that though.

Yeah I know that cos I grew up when they were big and I’m Australian. They’ve always sounded horribly amateurish to me like they used stock loops that the general population didn’t know about back then. Horrible music.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
:mjlol: my wife still listens to that song and I think one others of theirs. I don’t get how anyone can listen to this stuff seriously.
It popped up on one of the end of those Dawson Creek first season episodes when Joey was fiending for Dawson even though he loved blonde Jenny from NY.