Those of yall with company stock plans (ESPP's)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How long you holding before you sell? What factors yall taking into consideration? Our stock is at a pretty good price right now, I want to sell what I purchased back in sept. Of course I want to see if it goes higher, but we're coming up on another purchase date next month and part of my RSU's vest next month so I won't be missing much if it does go higher...I'm just wary about pulling the trigger :sadcam:

I'm not a fan of having so much money tied up in my company (re: stock, my salary, bonus)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i was working for 8 years as a longshoreman at long beach pier and i never touch mines until i left last year.. i really never touch my stocks rather be doing the up or down times
yea, having a portfolio is one thing, but having money tied up in just your company's stock is :patrice: unless you're at google/apple or an OG blue chip like P&G

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Why you wanna sell after such a recent purchase? Were the shares discounted? You know those arent supposed to be for a quick flip.

And as the board's resident Comp Consultant, you know u should just PM me. SMH.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Why you wanna sell after such a recent purchase? Were the shares discounted? You know those arent supposed to be for a quick flip.

And as the board's resident Comp Consultant, you know u should just PM me. SMH.
lol, yea, shares were discounted, i want to share because our stock is up, like in an inflated way. we just announced a big business model shift, and i think the inflated price is a false positive market reaction before reality hits. i don't really believe in the new business model in the long term so....i'm also renovating a house and want the money lol

edit: and most the advice i've googled all seems to promote selling ASAP for a variety of reasons

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
lol, yea, shares were discounted, i want to share because our stock is up, like in an inflated way. we just announced a big business model shift, and i think the inflated price is a false positive market reaction before reality hits. i don't really believe in the new business model in the long term so....i'm also renovating a house and want the money lol

edit: and most the advice i've googled all seems to promote selling ASAP for a variety of reasons

shyt, well sell away if you can. I assume the holding period has passed and you are able to dump them. Even if you're not turning a huge profit, you can still use the cash.

You already got RSUs that you're tied due to the vesting schedule. (3 yr? 4 yr? vest)

Has it really been a year since you dipped?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
shyt, well sell away if you can. I assume the holding period has passed and you are able to dump them. Even if you're not turning a huge profit, you can still use the cash.

You already got RSUs that you're tied due to the vesting schedule. (3 yr? 4 yr? vest)

Has it really been a year since you dipped?
shyt, a year and a half my brother, times flies. Where are you? Still in Michigan or did you move to Chicago? How much longer is she there?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Do you get dividends?
Are you planning on being there for a while?
If so, then hang onto it.

FreeRZA

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
How long you holding before you sell? What factors yall taking into consideration? Our stock is at a pretty good price right now, I want to sell what I purchased back in sept. Of course I want to see if it goes higher, but we're coming up on another purchase date next month and part of my RSU's vest next month so I won't be missing much if it does go higher...I'm just wary about pulling the trigger :sadcam:

I'm not a fan of having so much money tied up in my company (re: stock, my salary, bonus)

You pay short term capital gains tax if you sell them within a year. I think its about 40%. Anything after a year and they get taxed at a smaller rate. I think its about 25%. Maybe be a little off on the numbers.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Do you get dividends?
Are you planning on being there for a while?
If so, then hang onto it.
got to look into the dividends piece, good point

and i've been here a year, goal is to make it to 2 lol

You pay short term capital gains tax if you sell them within a year. I think its about 40%. Anything after a year and they get taxed at a smaller rate. I think its about 25%. Maybe be a little off on the numbers.
yea, forgot abt the short term capital gain tax, but the gain isn't that much so it's kinda a wash.