Thoughts on the Vaugh Prison Rebellion in Smyrna, Delaware ?

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/01/delaware-prison-lockdown-vaughn/97342188/

http://delonline.us/2k0qbpg

The Department of Corrections Thursday morning said one employee had been safely rescued shortly after 5 a.m., but that another employee was found unresponsive. That employee was pronounced dead at about 5:30 a.m. Thursday.

The hostage who was rescued is being examined at a local hospital, and is alert and talking, according to a statement by the Department of Corrections.

The Department of Corrections Response Teams and the Delaware State Police are continuing to investigate the situation at the prison, but Building C, which had been taken by inmates, has been secured.

The situation at the prison started at 10:38 a.m. Wednesday, a corrections officer made a radio call for immediate assistance from the Building C Tier B, which houses about 125 inmates. The prison was put on lockdown at that time, according to State Police Sgt. Richard Bratz.

Perry Phelps, the new commissioner of the Delaware Department of Correction, who was confirmed just two weeks ago, said at an evening press conference that the radio call activated the Department of Correction Emergency Response team because staffers were taken hostage. Phelps then said that earlier reports of five staffers being held were incorrect. Only four staffers were taken hostage. One officer who was injured was released at 2:25 p.m.; at 5:25 p.m. eight inmates were released; and just before 8 p.m., another staff member and 19 inmates were released. On Thursday at about 12:30 a.m., 14 more inmates were released.

Eighty-two inmates remain in Building C, according to the Department of Correction.

Prisoners demands

C3nVUGzUcAA3RPY.jpg:large

Donny

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My uncle works there but he's alright tho my whole twitter TL arguing wether prisoners should get access to education smh people are so ignorant

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My uncle works there but he's alright tho my whole twitter TL arguing wether prisoners should get access to education smh people are so ignorant

They should...that why it's supposed to be called rehabilitation...what's the point of locking a man up, keeping him ignorant and then placing him back in society with less then what he had before he went in. shyt makes no sense