Thunder Rosa Says WWE Is ‘Playing With Fire’ With NXT-Ridge Holland Angle

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I missed the very end of NXT this week. @CBoz what's the word on this?
From Ridge's promo it seemed like he wanted a new start in NXT and wash away the stigma that he is unsafe. The angle seems to be he has the bad luck of hurting himself and others.

He had the under rotated power slam on Gargano where Johnny landed on his head but was OK.
Then Ridge injured himself catching Oney Lorcan on a plancha to the outside. fukked up his knees and leg on that.
The Big E incident, of course. Where Big E puts no blame on Ridge and actually has said it was on himself.
The Elton Prince spot which was more Elton taking the landing wrong.

It just seems to be playing into it. Gotta let it play out.

It's nothing new to the industry. After Owen broke Austin's neck, they played into. Had Owen wearing "Owen 3:16 says I just broke you neck" T-Shirts. They set up an angle where Owen would do the same to Dan Severn.

Here's the promo, it helps to understand. Ridge shows up after 2:00

The spot of the "injury" in the match. Timestamped.

If WWE wants you to see it, they will show you. When Charlotte got injured, they kept the cameras off her while the medical personal checked on her. That's how you can tell if something is legit or not.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Soft ass mark society. They trying to get someone over as a heel. Nothing wrong with that. HBK did the same angle with Owen in 95 after getting his ass beat in Syracuse.
They just did a similar angle earlier in the year with Roxanne Perez fainting after her match against Meiko Satomura. She did the whole fainting bit just like HBK did back in the day. This ultimately leading to her losing the NXT Women's Title at Stand & Deliver in a Ladder Match.

Last edited:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Has anyone… asked… big e how he feels about it?

Since everyone is writing think pieces about how offended they are for E… let’s actually ask him?

I assume his position would be the most important, no? And if he says he doesn’t give a fukk, we can stop pretending to lol

It’s like being upset and calling AEW tasteless for all the dead father jokes. If Nick Wayne and his family fine with it, who cares.
I doubt they would do any of this unless all the parties involved were OK with it. I can't confirm but I'd like to believe they ran it by Big E.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
They just did a similar angle earlier in the year with Roxanne Perez fainting after her match against Meiko Satomura. She did the whole fainting bit just like HBK did back in the day. This ultimately leading to her losing the NXT Women's Title and Stand & Deliver in a Ladder Match.
Shawn is gonna book a Screw job soon he's been playing his greatest hits.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
If they're high on Ridge and are gonna use him going forward they had to address the elephant in the room or he was just going to be a job guy.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I guarantee it won't have they pay off they think it will. Bad idea.
Word it they might be moving Dragunov up soon. Maybe they use this to get the title off Ilja w/o losing and they somehow get the title back on Melo just so Trick can win it off him at S&D? All I know is that all roads lead to Trick vs Melo at S&D. How they get there is the story.

Dragunov is written off TV and NXT and shows up on the main roster?

It's all I have for now. Let's see where it goes.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Carny business gonna carny business it ain't the first time and it won't be the last

• Dap
Reactions: jeh