Tia Mowry can pinpoint the exact moment she knew her marriage was over "its about self love "

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yep you can love somebody but know at any point they can say bye bye. Especially in the modern age of looking after number 1

Some people, mostly men, get too comfortable then get the rug pulled out from under them. Time and time again.

I can enjoy someone and love them, but I always have in the back of my mind that someone can change up. People feel they owe you nothing,over their own happiness even in a years long relationship.

You can of course work towards a healthy and fulfilling relationship but always have a plan for if/when shyt goes sideways.

A lot of men get absolutely KO'ed when their partners call time on their relationship, and don't know what to do with themselves.

Meanwhile a woman will have spent a while going over every angle before she pulls the plug. She's aleady over you enough when she tells you she's breaking up with you.
I don't think it is discomfort.

I think that from a young age, men are taught to compartmentalise their pain. The idea of walking away because something is unpleasant is frowned upon, likewise with sharing when we're upset.

Society will be in for a rude awakening to be honest. We already see that it is jarring when men get emotional because deep down, showing frailty isn't expect or accepted. Next rude awakening will be men realising that walking out on the relationship because they are simply unhappy is acceptable.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
If you don't like Black women just say so because this isn't a Black woman issue.

What group of women go around making videos and posting on SM about "self love"

I just gave you an example of black women who wasn't going around saying "self-love" Coretta Scott King or Betty Shabazz, I can name more from their day that wasn't on the time that modern black women are on today. Cut the goofy shyt out is not me not liking a black woman.

The Bible, nor does the ancestors of yesterday says anything about 'self-love' being used as an 'excuse' to break up your marriage and vows.

Telling the truth is not me liking black women, goofy shyt needs to be called out. She didn't find 'self-love' at 14?? she's 40 trying to find 'self-love' FOH

Last edited:

arXiv

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
I actually agree that marriages shouldn’t focus solely on longevity. My gripe is the societal response would be so different if Corey divorced her for the exact same reasons. She knows this. What I realized is a lot of men just refuse to accept it. Women have a freedom of choice and that includes men.
This

tater

Superstar
Daps
I just watched this Michelle Obama clip where she says she thinks young people give up so soon on their relationships. I agree! In a marriage especially, times aren't always going to be happy and filled with glee. Sometimes you need to weather the storm. The problem is you never know how much storm that other person is going to weather. Hopefully you all can be equally yoked in that sense. Too bad they broke up, I hope she doesn't regret her decision. Unfortunate for the kids.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
Y’all make threads on here every day talking about how you drop your friends for the very same reason:unimpressed:You’re supposed to evolve. Staying stagnant in your life is going to be detrimental to any relationship. Romantic, friendship, or family.

And who’s to say she didn’t try? Yall act like people break up and divorce all within the span of 24 hours. It usually builds up overtime.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
So now what would she say if a man asks "you were in a 'successful' marriage, and still left your husband because you believed you outgrew him. How do I know you won't waste my time too? I'm looking for someone to grow old with, how do I know that is who you are if you've shown that you're willing to abandon your wedding vows because of 'self love' ?"

This is narcissism masquerading as self empowerment. This is a multimillionaire woman in good health in the richest country in the world with hundreds of fans ready to validate her every thought. This is yet another example of why nobody should marry a celebrity who wants to talk about their marriage all the time. The most successful Hollywood couples seem to be the ones who don't want people to know what their relationship is like. They keep their business as private as possible like normal human beings instead of attention addicts.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Y’all make threads on here every day talking about how you drop your friends for the very same reason:unimpressed:You’re supposed to evolve. Staying stagnant in your life is going to be detrimental to any relationship. Romantic, friendship, or family.

And who’s to say she didn’t try? Yall act like people break up and divorce all within the span of 24 hours. It usually builds up overtime.
Compare dropping friends to breaking up your family because of boredom.

Sniper

All Star
Daps
It isn't but the issue is more apparent with black women. You know that or you want to be obtuse about that as well?

Again, if you don't like or have issues with Black women just stare it and address it.

Self Love isn't more apparent with Black women but whatever you tell yourself to justify your issues is fine with me.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Compare dropping friends to breaking up your family because of boredom.

The commitment is the same :troll:
WD20210701SaddleWoodsFarm04.jpg

two-male-friends-sitting-on-sofa-in-lounge-playing-video-game.jpg

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Tia Mowry can pinpoint the exact moment she knew her marriage was over
Mowry opened up about the "awakening" that led to her walking away from her marriage of 14 years: "It's about self-love."

I knew when I really started to focus on my happiness,” she said Nov. 16 on TODAY with Hoda & Jenna. “I feel like women, we tend to focus on everybody else’s happiness, making sure that everybody else is OK — meaning our children, our friends, our family.

“But at the end of the day, it’s about self-love. When you start to really work on yourself, love yourself, know your value and know your worth, then all of a sudden, there’s this awakening. And it’s not easy. It’s a hard journey, but at the end of the day, I feel like it is so, so worth it.”

Mowry and Hardrict, who share children Cree, 11, and Cairo, 4, married in 2008. According to court documents obtained by TODAY, Mowry filed for divorce on Oct. 3, citing irreconcilable differences.

On TODAY, Mowry said enduring the deaths of her grandmother and her twin sister Tamera Mowry-Housley's niece, Alaina Housley, in close succession, also contributed to her decision by putting life into perspective

“I feel like when I started to, again, like I said, focus on myself, but there was this sadness. And I knew that life is short. I had actually lost my grandmother. We had lost Alaina Housley. And both of them at the same time,” she said.

“There was just an 'aha' moment in me where I said, ‘You know what? We need to tap in, see what’s really going on with your happiness. Life is short. Let’s go. Let’s start working on you and really focusing on what really, really matters here, which is at the end of the day, your peace, your joy and your happiness.’”

Mowry credits therapy with helping her make this major life change. “I was in therapy, as well. I’m a huge fan of therapy. It was all that together that gave me that 'aha' moment,” she said

Ultimately, Mowry said she doesn't look at her relationship with Hardrict as a failure.

“My marriage was a success,” she said. “I look at it as like a curriculum when you’re in college or high school. You’re learning, you’re growing, you’re evolving, you’re creating. I was able to create with Cory some beautiful, amazing children. At the end of that curriculum, there's a graduation, there’s a celebration. So that’s basically how I’m looking at it now.

“And I feel like ... when (people) look at marriage, success equals longevity. But, no, at the end of the day, it’s are they happy? Are they thriving? Are they growing? I feel like that is what is most important. It’s not about staying in something because however long you are in that situation that equals success. It’s about really, again, are you happy? Because life is really short.”

During an appearance on TODAY in October, Mowry-Housley said she would support her twin no matter what.

what is she babbling about?

if no one was cheating, then maybe she left over money reasons. maybe she wasn't giving him no p*ssy, and he was fed up. who knows.

most times, there's only a couple reasons why the majority of people get divorced.