Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This is the prime example of how dumb boomer politicians are. I bet you whatever billionaire donor putting the battery in these peoples backs has no idea how the internet works. You ban something people go looking for ways around the ban
Wasting resources on banning an app when people can just ignore the ban and get around it anyway typical USA politics

Besides being a much more useful tool to educate and inform on social media as opposed to X and reddit
I don't really see much being lost by a tik tok ban

Now mind you its going to piss the college kids off but again this is just more racist anti china pandering sentiment with no real bite behind it since tik tok being banned in the US can easily be circumvented

If anything they should vote on banning X/Twitter too since Musk is way more in bed/beholden to china than tik tok currently is
Isn’t this kind of the point though?

China, India, EU restricts social media but the US for the most part just twiddles it thumbs and drags them in front of Congress to bloviate and then do nothing.

They aren’t even forcing them to change policies. Just divest ownership

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
This is the prime example of how dumb boomer politicians are. I bet you whatever billionaire donor putting the battery in these peoples backs has no idea how the internet works. You ban something people go looking for ways around the ban
Wasting resources on banning an app when people can just ignore the ban and get around it anyway typical USA politics

Besides being a much more useful tool to educate and inform on social media as opposed to X and reddit
I don't really see much being lost by a tik tok ban

Now mind you its going to piss the college kids off but again this is just more racist anti china pandering sentiment with no real bite behind it since tik tok being banned in the US can easily be circumvented

If anything they should vote on banning X/Twitter too since Musk is way more in bed/beholden to china than tik tok currently is
No there's people who don't like tiktok for what it's showing the masses without censorship and they don't like it. You can't control a narrative that way

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Says a lot about our government, Republicans and Democrats disagree about pretty much everything, but THIS is the one thing that they can be bipartisan about. :martin:
Who's pushing for this ban and why? China isn't the main reason IMO

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

We Got Him GIFs | Tenor

I dont think the average american realizes how much a threat these politicians are to your individual liberties.

This is a legitimate red line in how the first amendment can be interpreted and ultimately subverted for the sake of "national security" moving forward

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Dudes been shytting on social media and it's dangers for years. So much so that they don't allow their children to use it. And now are defending it because of their hate for Israel.

The more you post... :mjlol:

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
You can't support and ask for European style data handling standards and then oppose this.
i didn't ask for anything, we aren't getting any type of data protection when US companies are selling data lol this is about them wanting to control. also, they offered to house all data in the US and it's gone ignored from my understanding

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
i didn't ask for anything, we aren't getting any type of data protection when US companies are selling data lol this is about them wanting to control. also, they offered to house all data in the US and it's gone ignored from my understanding
You clearly don't understand what European data handling standards entail. In particular data boundaries.

I won't waste my time. You're just addicted to TikTok and are whining.