Tim Scott finds his backbone again

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I swear he has me forgetting for years at a time that there's a Black Republican in the Senate. Two years ago he gave a fantastic speech right on the Senate floor about the reality of racial profiling and continued existence of police racism in the capital.

Now it turns out that he just sank a judicial nominee of Trump's who turned out to be a racist.

After an hour of mysterious inactivity on the Senate floor, during which time Bounds was widely expected to be confirmed, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) emerged to say it wasn’t happening.

“For the information of all senators, the nomination will be withdrawn,” he said.

It takes only one Republican to deny confirmation to a judicial nominee, and multiple Senate aides said Scott was the “no” vote. Scott, who is the only African-American Republican senator, allegedly took issue with some of the things Bounds had written during his time at Stanford University.

Bounds’ college writings include him complaining about multicultural organizations that “divide up by race for their feel-good ethnic hoedowns.” He wrote that “race-focused groups” should not continue on campus, claiming that the “existence of ethnic organizations is no inevitable prerequisite to maintaining a diverse community ― white students, after all, seem to be doing all right without an Aryan Student Union.”

Bounds also accused campus “race-thinkers” of denigrating African-Americans as “oreos,” “Uncle Toms” or “sell-outs” if they rejected “victimhood status.” On matters of sexual assault, Bounds wrote in college that “there is nothing really inherently wrong [with a university] failing to punish an alleged rapist ― regardless his guilt.”

If anyone knows what Scott has been up to the last two years besides helping rubber-stamp Trump's agenda, let me know cause I haven't heard a peep about him.

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
he hasnt been up to all that much other than rubber stamping his agenda. i think this is the first time hes ever done something actually useful.
he shouldve voted no to that nominee who wouldnt say anti black voting discrimination is a problem but he probably believes that shyt too.
also im furious this bytch compared black fraternal orgs to an "aryan student union" and said its not wrong for a university to not punish a guilty rapist :scust: and he was one vote away from a lifetime appointment