Tim Wise speaks about the racist school system used to keep people poor

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tim Wise speaks about the flawed education system that encourages poverty.

Antiracist essayist, author and activist Tim Wise delivers a keynote speech at the California Federation of Teachers 74th annual statewide convention on March 11, 2016 in San Francisco on the topic of "Using racism to divide and conquer, from the 1600s to Donald Trump." More info, www.cft.org.

Published on 11 Mar 2016

:whew::whew::whew:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
watched about 5 or so minutes; interesting points about education system. makes me wanna reflect on that :francis:
He shows that Eugenics theory / practice are intertwined with the educational system.

Which is tied into racism and goes back to slavery.

Certain people are poor for a reason.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
You ngas listen extra hard when a white person speaks like that. But there's countless Brothas who've said deeper shyt than Tim Wise and we're still fukked up.

:wow:

They don't hear you though

Another thread on the front page

"let a European tell what it means to be pro blk"

The LockeRoot

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
He shows that Eugenics theory / practice are intertwined with the educational system.

Which is tied into racism and goes back to slavery.

Certain people are poor for a reason.
i can see his line of thinking and it's worth consideration. overall, i believe any tool used to discriminate (in the purest form) also creates a dynamic of compare/contrast, pro/con, good/bad, positive/negative, etc. but now, what he said makes me think about how i've been educated through educational institutions in the past and it's connection to economic situations. i was always told by my father that debt was slavery. and, college education seems necessary. there's more i could type but that's just the base of my thoughts...

Last edited: