Tips for selling music?

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
So what are some of the processes and tip on how to sell beats.

I make beats everyday...I mainly been just been putting them on soundcloud and my social media pages.

Been mostly pop,synth type beats but imma try to work on some rap tracks.

I seen one breh who has fire beats put his shyt on youtube and has like 2:30 snippets of his beats and then has free beats too.

I plan on doing that but getting my content across as many platforms as possible....eventually willing to throw in $$ for sources that can help spread my content around.

Also I'm trying to perfect my craft..kinda unmixed but you never know who might ne inspired by my work.

What are typical prices for a beat? Because I imagine most of these brehs be putting out the mixtape for free.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
check out tracktrain

just promo yourself bro, youtube and every social network app you use

price depends on how much you really want to sell a beat for

i seen guys give out free beats, beats for 25 beats for 50 beats for 100 beats for 300 etc etc, its all on you and if you got dat fire

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
check out tracktrain

just promo yourself bro, youtube and every social network app you use

price depends on how much you really want to sell a beat for

i seen guys give out free beats, beats for 25 beats for 50 beats for 100 beats for 300 etc etc, its all on you and if you got dat fire

what about getting placed on a major rappers record. well maybe not in their prime, but washed up like Juelz. how can a breh get them to even listen to your beats?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
what about getting placed on a major rappers record. well maybe not in their prime, but washed up like Juelz. how can a breh get them to even listen to your beats?
try find a way to send beats to people on their team, thats the only way

you either have a direct link to them or someone in their team, in person, via email, somehow

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Easiest way is to go on their social media and see who they're following. Find somebody from their entourage/team and hit them up. That's how Murda Beatz got plugged in. He hit up Skippa Da Flippa way back before he was making any noise; and told him he'd send him free beats if he just played some beats for Quavo. That's when Migos took Murda in.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
It really depends on what you are aiming for when it comes to pricing.

However when it comes to selling, it's all about establishing relationships and building a brand.
when you build a brand even if a person has no relationship with you, they respect you enough to come at you with a budget, or pay what you ask.
You aren't going to walk up to Metro Boomin and ask for Free beats. That all ties to building a brand.
You also have to build networks and relationships. (Example) I can actually reach out to @LauderdaleBoss and say what's up and ask him if he knows anybody that does graphics. Now he's an artist so chances are he will. He will connect me to them and then the person in his network would be paid strictly from having a mutual connection with a trusted person.

At the point you build a brand its about customer service and network outreach.

I hope this helps.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
1. Know your style/lane niche of producing and build a brand and following from around that. This foundation will help you network and build relations with other cats going in your direction

2. Try to build with at least one dope artist (they don't have to be major etc...) so you can know what it feels like to have someone rock over your shyt. This way your building up a catalog of your work at a finished stage. Never hurts to have a reference for your tracks. Dope artists can make your dope production even better if it matches their sound.

3. Tame your expectations. This shyt won't happen overnight. You gotta pay some dues and grind.

4. Tag your beats.

5. Get into the habit of making full fleshed out beats that could easily be songs without restructuring shyt. Beats without intros or chorus's or transitions aren't that enticing for indecisive beginner ass rap dudes that haven't discovered who they truly are musically yet. If you selling beats, you gon run into these types. You gotta have joints for every stage of artist

Good luck.

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
1. Know your style/lane niche of producing and build a brand and following from around that. This foundation will help you network and build relations with other cats going in your direction

2. Try to build with at least one dope artist (they don't have to be major etc...) so you can know what it feels like to have someone rock over your shyt. This way your building up a catalog of your work at a finished stage. Never hurts to have a reference for your tracks. Dope artists can make your dope production even better if it matches their sound.

3. Tame your expectations. This shyt won't happen overnight. You gotta pay some dues and grind.

4. Tag your beats.

5. Get into the habit of making full fleshed out beats that could easily be songs without restructuring shyt. Beats without intros or chorus's or transitions aren't that enticing for indecisive beginner ass rap dudes that haven't discovered who they truly are musically yet. If you selling beats, you gon run into these types. You gotta have joints for every stage of artist

Good luck.
Solid points
BUT, I will say this, sending out tagged beats to major artists will quickly get your email deleted. If they like the beat they’ll usually wanna record right then and there and buy the beat after. The only time I’d suggest sending out tagged beats, is if you’re already known in the game. Artists will fukk with you regardless at that point. Only tag beats you plan on putting up for sale on your website or something. If you do prefer to send tagged beats, only put one tag in the intro of the beat. If your beat gets jacked, take it to court. Your work is copyright protected by default.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Solid points
BUT, I will say this, sending out tagged beats to major artists will quickly get your email deleted. If they like the beat they’ll usually wanna record right then and there and buy the beat after. The only time I’d suggest sending out tagged beats, is if you’re already known in the game. Artists will fukk with you regardless at that point. Only tag beats you plan on putting up for sale on your website or something. If you do prefer to send tagged beats, only put one tag in the intro of the beat. If your beat gets jacked, take it to court. Your work is copyright protected by default.

:salute:Props for cleaning that up breh.

I'm glad you mentioned the bolded too, because those lil quick vocal sample tags that are like 2 secs is what I had in mind.

I'd never tell someone to throw tags all throughout the beat every 20 seconds. :hhh:
I used to see that shyt alot back in 2009- 2011. nikkas would post 4 minute beats filled with tags. shyt made it impossible to vibe to the beat. :snoop: