Which two matches are you most looking forward to?

• Floyd 'Money' Mayweather Jr vs Conor McGregor

Votes: 96 73.8%
  • Gervonta 'Tank' Davis vs Francisco Fonseca [IBF Junior Lightweight Title Match]

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Nathan Cleverley vs Badou Jack [WBA Light Heavyweight Title Match]

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Andrew Tabiti vs Steve Cunningham [USBA Cruiserweight Title Match]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shawn Porter vs Thomas Dulorme

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Canelo is putting the beats on GGG Sept 16th stay tuned

Votes: 39 30.0%
  • GGG is putting the beats on Canelo Sept 16th stay tuned

Votes: 17 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
So basically he threw about 20 punches the first THREE rounds... While walking forward

Then he threw close to 300 the next 7 rounds

:laff:

Then clowns like @The Taxman and Brendan Schaubs gay ass actually think Conor was doing some kind of work in the first 4 rounds:laff:

People are just stupid for no reason. Common sense would have kicked in by now and told you that if Floyd had took him serious he wouldn't have came forward most of the fight ESPECIALLY only throwing 7 punches a round if that

Per the CompuBox stats, Mayweather threw 6, 10, and 12 punches in the first three rounds. 6 jabs total.

Just for comparison, he threw 36, 32, and 27 punches in the first three rounds of the Pacquiao fight. 54 jabs total.

I mean, I understand that Mayweather is a shyt human and all, but these people need to give it up.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I WANT this to happen. Black, a boxer and being a champ in UFC making these cacs more mad. But him being Haitian is just icing...:wow:

But he's going to HAVE to train in BJJ or wrestling.

Berto being doing MMA his whole life just long as boxing, he just chose boxing, because anybody who can box would rather box than do mma lmao

Canon

Veteran
Daps
man Berto could easily get on a Rizin card and make some decent money

87 others

Superstar
Daps
I WANT this to happen. Black, a boxer and being a champ in UFC making these cacs more mad. But him being Haitian is just icing...:wow:

But he's going to HAVE to train in BJJ or wrestling.
He won't be champ but he can definitely beat some people. What the casual MMA fan/boxing fan doesn't seem to realize is that BJJ and Wrestling are just as much of a sweet science as boxing. It's not just some random skill you pick up when you're 30+. Just like boxing, BJJ practitioners and Wrestlers train that shyt since they're 5-6 years old. There is a huge difference in skill between a High School state champion and an Olympic caliber wrestler, for instance. Just as much (if not more) as the difference between a Golden Gloves Champion and a WBC champion. That's why it makes me laugh when people say that all a boxer has to do is get some takedown defense. That's like saying that all a wrestler has to do to beat a boxer is learn how to slip a jab.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
He won't be champ but he can definitely beat some people. What the casual MMA fan/boxing fan doesn't seem to realize is that BJJ and Wrestling are just as much of a sweet science as boxing. It's not just some random skill you pick up when you're 30+. Just like boxing, BJJ practitioners and Wrestlers train that shyt since they're 5-6 years old. There is a huge difference in skill between a High School state champion and an Olympic caliber wrestler, for instance. Just as much (if not more) as the difference between a Golden Gloves Champion and a WBC champion. That's why it makes me laugh when people say that all a boxer has to do is get some takedown defense. That's like saying that all a wrestler has to do to beat a boxer is learn how to slip a jab.
No one said it would easy...

87 others

Superstar
Daps
No one said it would easy...
I'm not saying it would be easy - it's pretty much impossible at his age. He can do some damage in smaller organizations. But in the UFC? Nah breh. I love boxing. I respect it. I'm a fan. However, people don't put any respect on Wrestling or BJJ. That shyt is just as difficult to master as the sweet science. Would a 30+ wrestler who dabbled in Boxing once in a while ever become a champion? The answer is no. The same applies to MMA. Think about what Demian Maia does to people, for instance. These are fighters that have been wrestling for 15+ years in some cases, know what he's going to do, and still can't stop him. You think a guy that starts working on his TDD at 33 stands a chance? Nah, never.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I'm not saying it would be easy - it's pretty much impossible at his age. He can do some damage in smaller organizations. But in the UFC? Nah breh. I love boxing. I respect it. I'm a fan. However, people don't put any respect on Wrestling or BJJ. That shyt is just as difficult to master as the sweet science. Would a 30+ wrestler who dabbled in Boxing once in a while ever become a champion? The answer is no. The same applies to MMA. Think about what Demian Maia does to people, for instance. These are fighters that have been wrestling for 15+ years in some cases, know what he's going to do, and still can't stop him. You think a guy that starts working on his TDD at 33 stands a chance? Nah, never.

People are more into boxing because of its prestige and has a history that goes back thousands of years. why white people get butt hurt over "MMA" not being as respected as boxing is beyond my understanding.

damien maia was garbage when he first started in the ufc. all he had was BJJ and he got exposed when he faced opponents that were above avg and had good hands (and feet). it wasn't until he took a break and learned how to box a lil that he started winning like he has. I'm a fan of his but his early fights were frustrating to watch because he couldn't box. BJJ is very technical but i'm going to have to disagree with wrestling. It's nowhere near "sweet science" like boxing or BJJ.

Last edited:

87 others

Superstar
Daps
damien maia was garbage when he first started in the ufc. all he had was BJJ and he got exposed when trying to stand up and box with opponents that had good hands (and feet). it wasn't until he took a break and learned how to box a lil that he started winning like he has. BJJ is very technical but i'm going to have to disagree with wrestling. It's nowhere near "sweet science" like boxing or BJJ.
We can agree to disagree - it is what it is. I've wrestled and I know the shyt is just as technical as bjj. There are thousands of subtle maneuvers that separate the good from the best. It's no joke. People don't really respect it because they look at it from a casual perspective. Kind of like the casuals watching boxing wondering why the fighters don't just rush each other like it's a street fight or accuse mayweather of running. If you don't do it, you just won't understand. If the shyt was just that simple then there would really be no takedowns in mma since everybody trains it. There is a reason why a guy like Nate Diaz has trash tdd even though he's been in the UFC for over 10 years. There is a reason why a guy like khabib nurmagonedov smashes everyone he fights with pretty much just his wrestling. It's an extremely complicated sport, just like boxing.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
So basically he threw about 20 punches the first THREE rounds... While walking forward

Then he threw close to 300 the next 7 rounds

:laff:

Then clowns like @The Taxman and Brendan Schaubs gay ass actually think Conor was doing some kind of work in the first 4 rounds:laff:

People are just stupid for no reason. Common sense would have kicked in by now and told you that if Floyd had took him serious he wouldn't have came forward most of the fight ESPECIALLY only throwing 7 punches a round if that
But but but the left hand