To all my brehs making under 60k a year and wanting to get into IT, check out per scholas

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

Essentially, it's an accelerated bootcamp for those looking to switch careers, underemployed, etc. It's designed for underrepresented people in tech to get an opportunity to better themselves. It's 3 months at minimum to 6 at most; and they offer your first CompTIA A+ certificate and Google cloud certificate for free. Once you graduate, you're an alumni for 2 years and they'll pay/teach you a number of other certifications in the field.

During the 3-6 month course, they also team up with local businesses in your area to do mock interviews and whatnot; the companies in the mock interview, are usually using that graduation pool for hiring and they work with you to land you a job with over 85% finding a job they stick with over a year and they find it within 3 months at most, but usually within the first month.

It sounds too good to be true, but it's actually legit and has been featured in things from the NYT to techcrunch.

So if you're like me and have been having a rough time trying to self-learn either through books or edx/Coursera and the like, I would highly recommend you check this out. They have classes all across the stage and have actually been expanding heavily this year.

As a warning, it's all in person - 9am to 4pm, with prof hours/after class lasting til 5. They do let you know that if you're working, it'll be a lot more difficult bc it's accelerated and outside of the 40 hours a week in class, it's another 20 or so outside of it with studying and everything else. While they do provide a stipend for students, it isn't enough to pay for rent or bills so you have to take that into consideration. And you can only be tardy 3 times and absent once. They want to make sure a person is actually dedicated to the program - and since tardiness usually persists with people, it's something they want to break early and hard before messing up their reputation by getting a person in that never comes to work

There is no age limit. Being college educated doesn't matter. Nor does experience or prior knowledge. Just can't be making over the aforementioned amount bc this program is designed to help a certain group of ppl.

So I would definitely recommend anyone able to do this, to check it out. It's a free bootcamp with some amazing resources and ppl behind it that want to see you succeed.

Just wanted to share this bc this program is an actual godsend and it sounds way too to be true, so I wanted to raise awareness of the program and alleviate concerns.

Check this shyt out and, if you're able to go 3 months without steady work (my thing was doordashing/instacarting/etc to cover some bills since I'm lucky enough to have some family willing to look out for me during this), definitely do it.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Essentially, it's an accelerated bootcamp for those looking to switch careers, underemployed, etc. It's designed for underrepresented people in tech to get an opportunity to better themselves. It's 3 months at minimum to 6 at most; and they offer your first CompTIA A+ certificate and Google cloud certificate for free. Once you graduate, you're an alumni for 2 years and they'll pay/teach you a number of other certifications in the field.

During the 3-6 month course, they also team up with local businesses in your area to do mock interviews and whatnot; the companies in the mock interview, are usually using that graduation pool for hiring and they work with you to land you a job with over 85% finding a job they stick with over a year and they find it within 3 months at most, but usually within the first month.

It sounds too good to be true, but it's actually legit and has been featured in things from the NYT to techcrunch.

So if you're like me and have been having a rough time trying to self-learn either through books or edx/Coursera and the like, I would highly recommend you check this out. They have classes all across the stage and have actually been expanding heavily this year.

As a warning, it's all in person - 9am to 4pm, with prof hours/after class lasting til 5. They do let you know that if you're working, it'll be a lot more difficult bc it's accelerated and outside of the 40 hours a week in class, it's another 20 or so outside of it with studying and everything else. While they do provide a stipend for students, it isn't enough to pay for rent or bills so you have to take that into consideration. And you can only be tardy 3 times and absent once. They want to make sure a person is actually dedicated to the program - and since tardiness usually persists with people, it's something they want to break early and hard before messing up their reputation by getting a person in that never comes to work

There is no age limit. Being college educated doesn't matter. Nor does experience or prior knowledge. Just can't be making over the aforementioned amount bc this program is designed to help a certain group of ppl.

So I would definitely recommend anyone able to do this, to check it out. It's a free bootcamp with some amazing resources and ppl behind it that want to see you succeed.

Just wanted to share this bc this program is an actual godsend and it sounds way too to be true, so I wanted to raise awareness of the program and alleviate concerns.

Check this shyt out and, if you're able to go 3 months without steady work (my thing was doordashing/instacarting/etc to cover some bills since I'm lucky enough to have some family willing to look out for me during this), definitely do it.

This is free?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
This is free?

100% with stipends but like $100 a month or so.

No ties, secret fees or anything. It's competitive so you'll be in a zoom interview with other applicants where they ask some questions like what made you wanna do this, familiarity, what are you looking to gain, etc.

After that, if you pass that, it's 1 on 1 personal interview where they once again gauge how serious you are. They'll ask about how you plan on surviving for 3 months without working. Times you've multitasked, your skillset and what you would be bringing to the classroom, etc and then a quick assessment they do at start to weed people out.

10 questions revolving around bios and uefi, and then one other questionnaire about the 3 months without pay, if you're interested in after class sessions, etc

But 100% free. They even pay for a retest of your certs. So only way you pay outta pocket for this is if you fall the certification tests twice and then you'll have to pay after

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good and generous post that you've made.
I have some basic questions/concerns.

You said that: "Nor does experience or prior knowledge matter", but then later you say:
"10 questions revolving around bios and uefi". What's that even mean?

Also, how far along are you in the program?

Would you say that you have to be "passionate" or "have a knack" for computers and tech in order to succeed with this program?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
You said that: "Nor does experience or prior knowledge matter", but then later you say:
"10 questions revolving around bios and uefi". What's that even mean?

They give you a 5 min video to watch for weeks and it's really not much. Bios is basic input output system and UEFI is unified form of it, the newer form and most common one that. Basically does a precheck of interfaces and how your computer turns on and interacts with the operating system

Also, how far along are you in the program?

March classes just started but I switched to June.

Would you say that you have to be "passionate" or "have a knack" for computers and tech in order to succeed with this program?

100%. It's an accelerated bootcamp. I wouldn't say have a knack but definitely passionate about technology and computers. It's basically 60 hrs a week for 3 months. If you aren't passionate, you're not gonna last or wanna dedicate yourself to required out of class learning

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100%. It's an accelerated bootcamp. I wouldn't say have a knack but definitely passionate about technology and computers. It's basically 60 hrs a week for 3 months. If you aren't passionate, you're not gonna last or wanna dedicate yourself to required out of class learning
IT-Support Training is the only one I qualify for since I have no previous Tech coursework or history.

I'm only interested in making money. You're saying that a person can't even fake being passionate for 90 days?

After you are done with the course, are you contractually obligated to stick with per scholas for anything?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
You're saying that a person can't even fake being passionate for 90 days?

... I'm not saying that. I'm saying I wouldn't recommend it but it's up to each individual person. Idk how you fake being passionate over 90 days for 69 hours a week and not eventually get tired, but like I said, it's an individual situation

IT-Support Training is the only one I qualify for since I have no previous Tech coursework or history

You don't need either. It's a bootcamp. They teach you from beginning to end for these two certificates.

It doesn't have any prerequisites but it's a selective program based off how much they think you'll put effort in.

I would honestly say if you don't have a passion for it and don't really wanna learn, then I would pass this up and leave the seat open for someone willing to dedicate themselves.

After you are done with the course, are you contractually obligated to stick with per scholas for anything?

Nope, they'll be open to help you and pay for further courses for 2 years, along with using their resources to get you a job

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
I went to one of the intro meetings

There was this indian chick fresh out of college talking to us like a drill instructor, rude and unprofessional as hell

I filled out all the forms and they never reached out to me. This was last year.

Fake ass bullshyt :camby:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati

There was this indian chick fresh out of college talking to us like a drill instructor, rude and unprofessional as hell

I filled out all the forms and they never reached out to me. This was last year.

You didn't even get to the test? Sure that it was this program and not another one?

You don't even go to an intro meeting without being accepted first

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps

What city?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
What city?

Yeah, I'm kinda curious if bro is bullshytting about this particular program and was talking in general about random bootcamps.

This is an actual legitimate program with reviews from reddit to Twitter to everywhere else, including NYT articles about the program and its success and students success following.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience though. Reassuring for these next couple of months