Singles Tommy Richman - MILLION DOLLAR BABY (random dude getting a Billboard top 10 hit )

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Songs sound like demos. Like they are good songs but don't sound completely polished lyrics wise etc. Like Imagine future on that song. I feel like the frame is good but the details fall off after a while
I noticed this. It seems intentional.

For Million Dollar Baby, pay attention to the "VHS" version and the regular. They sound different.

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I noticed this. It seems intentional.

For Million Dollar Baby, pay attention to the "VHS" version and the regular. They sound different.

yeah like if you ask me what he says in the second verses I have no clue. ALmost like he starts out strong. Song is nice. I remember asking about it on the thread about the hard on hoes single mothers song. And even his version with the whistle was cleaner. This thing a demo to a certified banger. I bet the remix does better.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You're right about the record having some of that classic flair. Typically, older music got their flair from the limitations or peculiarities of whatever technology they were using. You can't get that with newer tech, so it has to be some sort of AI.

For example, filmmakers will spend a lot of money renting or buying a specific camera just to get a certain texture, color gradient, frame rate and vibe. His has that in the music, which means software. In terms of the video, he used software too because it doesn't look natural.
Ehhh, it's not AI at all. There are tons of mixing methods and plug-ins you can use to reproduce that sound, and they've been around for decades. On that other song thatvsounds super Prince-like it sounds like he used a bitcrusher and probably filtered out some of the low end. And some folks will record stuff analog to get that warmer sound

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Ehhh, it's not AI at all. There are tons of mixing methods and plug-ins you can use to reproduce that sound, and they've been around for decades. On that other song thatvsounds super Prince-like it sounds like he used a bitcrusher and probably filtered out some of the low end. And some folks will record stuff analog to get that warmer sound
That's also why I said software. People have been applying effects and filters to audio and video for a long time just to replicate a certain aesthetic.

tay1

Pro
Daps
This is trash. I was gon call him a plant but saw he signed to Brent.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Heard this for the first time on some chick’s page shaking her ass and this song sucks. I heard this hyped for weeks and this sounds like some generic hybrid Travis Scott/Lil Baby garbage.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Always some weirdo contrarians on here. Lil Baby, tf?

This shyt is an ear worm. I've been bumping it off and on for about a week, had no idea it was getting to smash hit levels and to me it feels entirely deserved. I just jumped on Instagram one day and out of nowhere it was in every single story/reel I saw. I could hear it coming from cars driving by all day. Song feels undeniable.

It's got a bit of that Houston feel mixed with 90s R&B. Reminds me of this