Singles Tommy Richman - MILLION DOLLAR BABY (random dude getting a Billboard top 10 hit )

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
This has to be A.I the way he’s perfectly caught the cadence and magic of the 80s funk like Prince.

This song is great. Then I heard SELFISH

Like…this shyt sounds so perfect to my ear that it troubles me!

I fukk with the energy of his videos. Fun music :ehh:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Interesting.

I kind of felt the opposite. Like breh just fukking around and effortlessly making some catchy ass shyt.

I can see how it could be looked at your way, though.
You're right about the record having some of that classic flair. Typically, older music got their flair from the limitations or peculiarities of whatever technology they were using. You can't get that with newer tech, so it has to be some sort of AI.

For example, filmmakers will spend a lot of money renting or buying a specific camera just to get a certain texture, color gradient, frame rate and vibe. His has that in the music, which means software. In terms of the video, he used software too because it doesn't look natural.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You're right about the record having some of that classic flair. Typically, older music got their flair from the limitations or peculiarities of whatever technology they were using. You can't get that with newer tech, so it has to be some sort of AI.

For example, filmmakers will spend a lot of money renting or buying a specific camera just to get a certain color gradient, frame rates and vibe. His has that in the music, which means software. In terms of the video he used software too because it doesn't look natural.
ALL TRUE.

I am REALLY hoping this kid's story is he peered into his parent's old vinyl's and his mind was blown from the black funk and pop sounds that had the 70's and 80s influenced and he is paying homage.

I'm hoping it's not as trivial and simple as him mastering AI creation tech and finding the perfect melodic algorithms that force the ear to love.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Brent Faiyaz is his mentor and he's sound to his label. It's no wonder they sound alike...but anyway this song is a hit.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Brent Faiyaz is his mentor and he's sound to his label. It's no wonder they sound alike...but anyway this song is a hit.
poster.png

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
They put some crack in this shyt I swear

Bro really came out of nowhere and knocked Taylor Swift off the number 1 spot

I hear he's Brent Faiyaz's student

Who gonna be on the remix?

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Songs sound like demos. Like they are good songs but don't sound completely polished lyrics wise etc. Like Imagine future on that song. I feel like the frame is good but the details fall off after a while

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I realize why my ear absolutely loves this artist's creations.

The first movie my father took me to see was Batman and I was hypnotized by the score, especially the Joker scene with the Prince song.

As I've said before...if dude is REAL and LOVES/RESPECTS the sound that he's clearly taking cues from... I think Prince would love cosign him.