Tomonubu Itagaki Got Sh!tted on by Microsoft Just Like Hideki Kamiya

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
News to me: Apparently Tomonubu Itagaki (director of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2) originally created Devil's Third for Microsoft but they didn't want it because it didn't have Kinect or Social Networking features lol. Stupid. As a result, Itagaki had to change it for the Wii-U release.
The ups, downs and future of Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third

This is really sad news. The greatest action games of the 2000s besides God of War was Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry (directed by Hideki Kamiya). Microsoft had the directors of these games in the palm of their hand and dropped the ball. This shyt is worst than Nintendo dropping Rare.

Rant:
The greatest action game I've ever played was Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack Vol. 1. It was better than any Ninja Gaiden game including Ninja Gaiden Black, Sigma and all the sequels. Most people assume that Ninja Gaiden Black had everything from the Hurricane Packs but it did not. Some things were taken away, such as features of the action engine, specifically Technique Scroll: Intercept....and it was free. http://m.ign.com/articles/2004/07/17/ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-vol-1-qa

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
News to me: Apparently Tomonubu Itagaki (director of Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2) originally created Devil's Third for Microsoft but they didn't want it because it didn't have Kinect or Social Networking features lol. Stupid. As a result, Itagaki had to change it for the Wii-U release.
The ups, downs and future of Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third

This is really sad news. The greatest action games of the 2000s besides God of War was Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry (directed by Hideki Kamiya). Microsoft had the directors of these games in the palm of their hand and dropped the ball. This shyt is worst than Nintendo dropping Rare.

Rant:
The greatest action game I've ever played was Ninja Gaiden Hurricane Pack Vol. 1. It was better than any Ninja Gaiden game including Ninja Gaiden Black, Sigma and all the sequels. Most people assume that Ninja Gaiden Black had everything from the Hurricane Packs but it did not. Some things were taken away, such as features of the action engine, specifically Technique Scroll: Intercept....and it was free. http://m.ign.com/articles/2004/07/17/ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-vol-1-qa
Is that right, cuz ninja Gaiden was good but overrated. Any game in that genre got over hyped by anime watching types :francis: Ninja Gaiden ain't been hot since NG2...
Microsoft relying on gimmicks.

Trying to socialize people into halolense
Sony had PS live, PS home, and let's not forget.. psplus/psnow :mjlol:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Lol Microsoft what bunch of idiots even tho that game was trash. The reasons for canceling this shyt is fukken dumb

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
remember what the game originally looked like? that shyt was dope and it would would've looked and played better if it stayed on Microsoft.

I take back what I said about Microsoft shytting on him because they financed his studio and let him keep his IP.

it's more like Microsoft shytted on themselves by letting a potentially great game go.

Final product wasn't a great because it went through so many different iterations after leaving Microsoft and I think that's because he wanted to put on as many different platforms at the same time like mobile games.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Sony had PS live, PS home, and let's not forget.. psplus/psnow
:mjlol:

PS Live - Looked it up, found no information on it. give me a source so that I can study it and comment on it.

PS Home - It was an experiment, nothing all that bad. Keep in mind that it was free to use and was not forced on people... Honestly I saw it as an expanded version of Xbox Live's avatar customization thing mixed with a bit of the Sims Online.

PS Plus - Sony Archtype to Microsofts Xbox Live. Xbox Live has been around since 2002 or so, so I wouldnt be bringing it up. Unless you too agree Xbox Live is a stupid ass concept.

PS Now - Basically just SEGA Channel & Nintendos Satellaview in a modern package, it also borrows aspects from GameTap. Also keep in mind that Microsoft is starting to do the same thing

:sas2: Sony did have the Playstation EyeToy (PS2/PS3, called Playstation camera on PS4), but it wasnt aggressively marketed and forced on people like the damn Kinect. Games were not forced to include Playstation Eye mechanics either :sas1:

Last edited: