Rock Tool - New album August 30 2019 -

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
No doubt the album is all about Danny and Adam. Makes sense Maynard takes a backs seat though, dude is 55 and can't do the same screams and vocals he used to do. I missed at least 1 track with him going off but it is what it is, the album still sounds incredible :lawd: and I still like Maynard's "singing voice".

It’s not about screaming or anything. His best songs are ones where he’s not screeching. His voice sounds soulless and some of these lyrics/sound structure sounds lame. Invincible is one of the corniest tool songs ever from a content standpoint(music still incredible). Sounded like some Dio shyt from the early 80s. Culling voices is pretty dull too. Maynard doesn’t have it anymore

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
No doubt the album is all about Danny and Adam. Makes sense Maynard takes a backs seat though, dude is 55 and can't do the same screams and vocals he used to do. I missed at least 1 track with him going off but it is what it is, the album still sounds incredible :lawd: and I still like Maynard's "singing voice".
I miss Justin a little bit on here. I feel like his bass is turned down pretty low in the mix

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It’s not about screaming or anything. His best songs are ones where he’s not screeching. His voice sounds soulless and some of these lyrics/sound structure sounds lame. Invincible is one of the corniest tool songs ever from a content standpoint(music still incredible). Sounded like some Dio shyt from the early 80s. Culling voices is pretty dull too. Maynard doesn’t have it anymore
Nah, can't say I agree with this completely. For this album perhaps, but the last A Perfect Circle album was dope. I think his soul might not be into metal anymore.

k5banga

Evil has a NEW face..
Daps
I read a interview a few years back, Maynard doesn't scream cause as he said, when he was recording of "Ticks and Leaches" he almost blew his voice out, so he decided to not scream as much to protect his voice

Last edited: