Top 10 Fights we need to see in 2014

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Top 5 HBO fights we need to see in 2014.

5. Giovani Segura (31-3) 27 KO’s vs. Roman Gonzalez (37-0) 31 KO’s. To any hardcore boxing fan that have seen both of these guys fight, this would be a must see fight for sure. It would be an absolute war between 2 of the best in the lower weight classes and a fight of the year candidate in which someone would most likely get knocked out.

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux (13-0) 8 KO’s vs. Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0) 1 KO. This fight is for the boxing purist with both fighters being 2-time Olympic gold medalist and having shown excellent skills this would be boxing on the highest level. Lomachenko has an extremely tough fight scheduled with World Champion Orlando Salido, that fight will be no easy task but should he come out victorious then he could be in line for a Rigondeaux fight next. Right now Rigondeaux looks unbeatable but if anyone can challenge him, it may be Lomachenko. This fight would be an intense boxing match between two elite boxers.

3. Ruslan Provodnikov (23-2) 16 vs. Mikey Garcia (33-0) 28 KO’s. Admittedly this fight is completely out of the box but I think it’s an excellent match. Garcia has said he wants to move up in weight after the fight he has coming up with Juan Carlos Burgos and Provodnikov is one of the hottest fighters in boxing coming off wars with Tim Bradley and Mike Alvarado. Not to mention you have the Freddie Roach vs. Robert Garcia battle of wits as two of the best trainers in the world and have developed a rivalry. Mikey Garcia in my opinion is the best young fighter in the world and this would be the toughest fight of his career. Provodnikov is a newly crowned World Champion, a relentless pressure fighter who would attack the brilliant boxer-puncher Garcia. This is a perfect mess of styles to make a great fight.

2. Andre Ward (27-0) 14 KO’s vs. Gennady Golovkin (28-0) 25 KO’s. Ward is an elite fighter ranked #2 on most pound for pound lists behind only Floyd Mayweather. He hasn’t lost a fight, amateur or pro, since he was a kid. Golovkin is on a tremendous run, knocking out his last 15 opponents and becoming one of the most exciting fighters in boxing. Both fighters, undefeated world champions in the prime of their career want big fights and there is no bigger fight for either guy. If Ward wins he start the discussion of whether he is the #1 pound for pound fighter right now, if Golovkin wins he would take a huge jump up in the public eye as not only one of the most exciting fighters but one of the best in the world.

1. Adonis Stevenson (23-1) 20 KO’s vs. Sergey Kovalev (23-0-1) 21 KO’s. These two explosive knockout punchers against anyone is must see TV right now, but against each other might be the best fight that can possibly be made in boxing right now. It would be a fight of the year and knockout of the year candidate, and make no mistake someone will get knocked out. HBO has to pay up to make this fight happen and they should. The winner of this fight would be the talk of boxing and help carry the network for the next couple years.

Top 5 Showtime fights we need to see in 2014.

5. Leo Santa Cruz (26-0-1) 15 KO’s vs. Carl Frampton (17-0) 12 KO’s. This fight has fight of the year written all over it. Santa Cruz is a non stop pressure fighter who throws tons of punches each round while Frampton is one of the best young fighters from the talent rich U.K. as he is an exciting boxer puncher. Frampton’s best win came against Kiko Martinez who went on to become a World Champion so he definitely belongs in a big fight, as this would be. It would be exciting to see who could execute their game plan the best. I think both men would have their moments in an exciting fight.

4. Lucas Matthysse (34-3) 32 KO’s vs. Adrien Broner (27-1) 22 KO’s. While both of these fighters are coming off loses, this would be an entertaining fight with the winner jumping right back to the top of the mix in the crowded junior welterweight/welterweight divisions. If I was advising Broner, I would tell him to go down to the junior welterweight division and down there Matthysse would be a very attractive opponent for him. Matthysse has one of the most exciting styles in all of boxing and is must see TV no matter who he fights. This would be pure fireworks.

3. Canelo Alvarez (42-1-1) 30 KO’s vs. Alfredo Angulo (22-3) 18 KO’s. Here is yet another fight where both guys are coming off loses but this would be a very interesting, exciting fight. Canelo is coming off a loss against the best fighter in the world Floyd Mayweather and Angulo is coming off a fight of the year candidate against Erislandy Lara who is an excellent champion. I think this fight would end up in a slugfest and be much more competitive than people expect.

2. Marcos Maidana (35-3) 31 KO’s vs. Keith Thurman (22-0) 20 KO’s. Maidana is coming off the best win of career against Adrien Broner. He is one of the hardest punchers in the sport. To go along with his incredible power, he has improved under the tutelage of Robert Garcia. Thurman is the best young contender in all of boxing in my opinion. He also has incredible power but he has shown very skillful boxing ability. Thurman, with all of his talents, is going to be tough to beat for anyone. These two matched against each other would be absolutely explosive.

1. Floyd Mayweather (45-0) 26 KO’s vs. Danny Garcia (27-0) 16 KO’s. Mayweather is the best fighter in the world and coming off one of the most impressive performances of his career against Canelo Alvarez. He will be favored to beat anyone at Junior Middleweight and all the weight classes below so it’s tough to find an interesting opponent. I think Danny Garcia is the most interesting opponent for him. He is coming off the most impressive win of his career, winning a clear-cut decision against Lucas Matthysse. Garcia is the best junior welterweight in the world. He is an underdog in a lot of his fights but he is very good in all aspects of boxing. He would not be intimidated fighting the best fighter in the world and he would come to win. He has pulled off upsets in the past; this would be the biggest upset of all. Could he pull it off? I don’t know but I’d like to see him try.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
ruslan provodnikov vs mikey garcia :huh:...since when is that a fight anyone has been clamoring for? thats news to me

For real. He tried to sneak that one in there on some ole slick shyt. :smugbiden:

Mikey don't want any Provodnikov problems. I'm not so sure he even dominates Alvarado/Gamboa, and this guy wants him to jump in there with a boxer that was dribbling Bradley all over the ring like a damn Harlem globetrotter. :heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
For real. He tried to sneak that one in there on some ole slick shyt. :smugbiden:

Mikey don't want any Provodnikov problems. I'm not so sure he even dominates Alvarado/Gamboa, and this guy wants him to jump in there with a boxer that was dribbling Bradley all over the ring like a damn Harlem globetrotter. :heh:
:laff:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That Prov/Garcia entry is some out of left field nonsense.
ANd honestly I can only pick 3 fights out of that list that I need or even really, really want to see:

Stevenson/Kovalev, Canelo/Angullo, Floyd/Swift
The rest are just :yeshrug: to me. I am not opposed to them and I would watch but its not like I am jonesing for them.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I think we need to see GGG vs. Maravilla. We need to stop seeing GGG pad his KO streak with bums and break through onto the short list for Floyd and/or Ward. Or see if Maravilla has enough left to stay on top at MW.

GGG needs to clear out 160 before moving up. A Ward fight can't come before GGG wins the 160 belt, against Cotto, Maravilla, or whoever.