Top 10 Last Minute Recastings That Made the Movie Better

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps

10. Michael Cera as “Allan” - Barbie (2023): Replaced Jonathan Groff who is known as the voice of Kristoff in the Frozen franchise who had to turn down the role due to scheduling conflicts.

9. Michelle Pfeiffer as “Catwoman”- Batman Returns (1992): Replace Annette Benning who became pregnant. Actress Sean Young desperately wanted the role but the director Tim Burton paid her dust.

8. Don Cheadle as “James Rhodes” - Iron Man 2 (2010): Replaced Terrence Howard who left either due to contract dispute or fired for being difficult on set.

7. Mike Myers as “Shrek” - Shrek (2001): Replaced Chris Farley who died from an overdose in 1997.

6. Clare Danes as “Juliet” - Romeo + Juliet (1996): Replaced Natalie Portman after studios realized it wasn’t a good idea to a have a 13 year old acting alongside 21 year old Leonardo DiCaprio.

5. Eddie Murphy as “Axel Foley” - Beverly Hills Cop (1984): Replaced Sylvester Stallone who wanted more violence, less humor, but the studio and Producers weren’t here for it.

4. Hugh Jackman as “Wolverine” - X Men (2000): Replaced Dougray Scott who was still filming Mission Impossible 2.

3. Michael J. Fox as “Marty McFly” - Back to the Future (1985): Replaced Eric Stolz who had bad comedic timing.

2. Harrison Ford as “Indiana Jones” - Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981): Replaced Tom Selleck who accepted the starring role in TV Series Magnum P.I.

1. Viggo Mortensen as “Aragorn”
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001): Replaced Irish Actor Stuart Townsen who was eventually cast as King of Gondor because he was too young.

Honorable Mentions:

Clint Eastwood - Dirty Harry (1971): Imagine Frank Sinatra reading this famous line.

Ben Whishaw - Paddington (2014): Colin Firth left after production realized his voice just didn’t fit the young bear.

Melissa McCarthy - Can You Ever Forgive Me (2018): Julianne Moore almost played the downtrodden forger with alcohol use disorder.

Geena Davis - A League Of Their Own (1992): Debra Winger walked away from the part of Dottie after Madonna was cast.

Christian Bale - American Psycho (2000): Director Mary Harron fought hard to cast Bale after Leonardo DiCaprio dropped out.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
70 Year old Frank Sinatra was originally offered the main role in Die Hard because the book, Nothing Lasts Forever, is a sequel to The Detective. I don't know if it was last minute or not but that'd be a completely different movie.

I think Chris Farley would have been good as Shrek.