Top 10 Movies of 2023(Please list yours)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Hmm I gotta think about this more, and on first thought with no particular order

Barbie
Oppenheimer
Hunger Games
The Covenant
Iron Claw
Killers of the Flower Moon
Spiderverse joint
Godzilla Minus One
John wick 4

Still gotta watch a couple of movies like past lives, poor things, the holdovers, etc
Seeing iron claw tomorrow. American fiction maybe Monday. Zone of interest in January.

I'll catch up with maestro and saltburn and the delinquents on streaming .

Still bummed Dune 2 challengers and the bike riders got pushed

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing iron claw tomorrow. American fiction maybe Monday. Zone of interest in January.

Still bummrd Dune 2 challengers and the bike riders got pushed
You either stay in L.A. or have a press pass to see all limited releases

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

Still bummrd Dune 2 challengers and the bike riders got pushed

Iron Claw was great, pretty depressing though

I might add Saltburn to my list just because of the way it was shot and the great performances by Elordi and Barry

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Across the Spider-Verse
Guardians 3
Polite Society
Barbie
Mission Impossible
Dungeons and Dragons
Elemental
Transformers Rise of the Beasts
Air
Mario

weird list but we had a lot of variety this year

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Across the Spider-Verse
Guardians 3
Polite Society
Barbie
Mission Impossible
Dungeons and Dragons
Elemental
Transformers Rise of the Beasts
Air
Mario

weird list but we had a lot of variety this year
switching Mario for Creed 3 I forgot that came out this year

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched The Holdovers
Great movie
It's one of those movies they're going to play during the holidays over and over again

I also watched Oppenheimer recently. It was great until the detonation of the bomb after that it was mid.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
MV5BNDI0YTU3MzUtMjlmMS00ZmNkLTk5MzktMTc1YzNlMWM2OTA4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzcyNDc2OQ@@._V1_.jpg

1. Don't go on vacation with ppl you ain't cool cool with
2. A chick can be stank at home.
3. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
We share 7 of our top 10. And ironclaw as of now is my 11. This was such a deep year for movies easily the best of this decade. The predicted best picture lineup is just incredible
This back-half really went wild. The dual strikes put a wrench into things and we were still able to rebound. To think we could’ve had ‘Dune’ as well. :ohlawd:

Some of these December releases have been straight up hard to catch though. ‘American Fiction’ and ‘All of Us Strangers’ I may just have to catch on VOD, along with other titles. No damn way I’m missing out on Glazer’s joint though.

Biggest Yikes: Not ‘The Flash’. Not ‘Indiana Jones’. But…‘The Marvels’. I was so wrong on this. Just an outright rejection by the audience on what was once a must-see franchise. Maybe there was a good movie in there somewhere pre-studio butchering, but what ended up on the screen was a glorified Disney+ special.

There were like 10-12 people max it felt like at my screening, with just one guy gasping in disbelief at the sight of a surprise cameo. A night and day difference compared to attending an MCU screening in 2019. I felt so damn flabby in there. Like damn, this is where Marvel is at today. :huhldup:

Biggest What-If: ‘Magazine Dreams’. Ended up reading the screenplay since the likelihood of this ever releasing is slim. The parallels between the story’s themes and real-life trial are pretty damning, so I’m not at all shocked at the treatment it’s getting. Just disappointed. Even still, I really wanted to see what Majors was cooking up with his performance here…and preferably not on Tubi.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This back-half really went wild. The dual strikes put a wrench into things and we were still able to rebound. To think we could’ve had ‘Dune’ as well. :ohlawd:

Some of these December releases have been straight up hard to catch though. ‘American Fiction’ and ‘All of Us Strangers’ I may just have to catch on VOD, along with other titles. No damn way I’m missing out on Glazer’s joint though.

Biggest Yikes: Not ‘The Flash’. Not ‘Indiana Jones’. But…‘The Marvels’. I was so wrong on this. Just an outright rejection by the audience on what was once a must-see franchise. Maybe there was a good movie in there somewhere pre-studio butchering, but what ended up on the screen was a glorified Disney+ special.

There were like 10-12 people max it felt like at my screening, with just one guy gasping in disbelief at the sight of a surprise cameo. A night and day difference compared to attending an MCU screening in 2019. I felt so damn flabby in there. Like damn, this is where Marvel is at today. :huhldup:

Biggest What-If: ‘Magazine Dreams’. Ended up reading the screenplay since the likelihood of this ever releasing is slim. The parallels between the story’s themes and real-life trial are pretty damning, so I’m not at all shocked at the treatment it’s getting. Just disappointed. Even still, I really wanted to see what Majors was cooking up with his performance here…and preferably not on Tubi.
Yeah it sucks we missed out on Dune and challengers. But it'll be a Zendaya spring.

I'm bored so I'm catching all of us strangers in a few hours. I'm so pissed about Zone of Interest. I can't even find it through other means. Apparently it's coming here in a couple weeks but over an hour and a half away. Not sure what the strategy was there.

I bet magazine dreams will release years down the road like that Woody Allen movie with Selena Gomez and Chalomet

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah it sucks we missed out on Dune and challengers. But it'll be a Zendaya spring.

I'm bored so I'm catching all of us strangers in a few hours. I'm so pissed about Zone of Interest. I can't even find it through other means. Apparently it's coming here in a couple weeks but over an hour and a half away. Not sure what the strategy was there.

I bet magazine dreams will release years down the road like that Woody Allen movie with Selena Gomez and Chalomet
Don’t understand it. Auteurs like Lanthimos and Glazer are well beloved within the community and studios are still making it hard. :smh:

I want to support theaters, but taking road trips? Not once, not twice, but thrice? Nah, I’m gucci. The wallet and car just breathed a sigh of relief.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Don’t understand it. Auteurs like Lanthimos and Glazer are well beloved within the community and studios are still making it hard. :smh:

I want to support theaters, but taking road trips? Not once, not twice, but thrice? Nah, I’m gucci. The wallet and car just breathed a sigh of relief.
I want to watch Monster too but that hasn't gotten a release here either. You would think Koreeda would have bigger pool after shoplifters