Top 10 SUPERFIGHTS OF ESPN ERA

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
ESPN just finished listing their top 10 Superfights of what called their ESPN era (since Sept 7, 1979)

TOP 10 SUPERFIGHTS OF ESPN ERA
Count down the most prolific prizefights of the past 30-plus years with us:

• No. 10: Spinks-Tyson
• No. 9: Holyfield-Bowe I
• No. 8: Holyfield-Foreman
• No. 7: Pac-Marquez IV
• No. 6: Tyson-Holyfield I
• No. 5: Hagler-Leonard
• No. 4: Chavez-Taylor I
• No. 3: Pryor-Arguello I
• No. 2: Leonard-Hearns I
• No. 1: Hagler-Hearns I

How do ya feel about the list? Agree/disagree? Any fights youd take off or add? Comment below.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
I dont see why Manny vs Juan is on the Iist. Great KO no doubt but I just don't see it ! A few others are debatable but to me anyway Pac vs JMM 4 I'm not feeling it

Really? That fight is a classic bro. The ebb and flow, trading KOs, Pac beating the piss outta Marquez and getting close to stopping him before getting knocked out cold with 2 seconds left and Marquez on his last leg??? Thats the stuff of legend man.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
Really? That fight is a classic bro. The ebb and flow, trading KOs, Pac beating the piss outta Marquez and getting close to stopping him before getting knocked out cold with 2 seconds left and Marquez on his last leg??? Thats the stuff of legend man.

I don't think Manny was beating Marquez by that much tbh still a dope fight

Lewis vs Rahman 1
RJJ vs Hopkins
RJJ vs Toney
BHop Trinidad
The Gatti Ward trilogy
Manny vs Morales
Floyd vs Corrales
Manny vs bradley

These are off the top I could probably name a hundred fights if pushed to do it

I have always been of the opinion that Juan won the first 3 fights so the 4th while very sweet was more icing on the cake ( with a scoop of ice cream for sure)

charknicks

All Star
Daps
I would put Corrales/Castillo on there as a super fight. This fight had it all. It belongs in the top 10. Spinks/Tyson doesn't belong. A 90 second beat down is not a super fight.

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would put Corrales/Castillo on there as a super fight. This fight had it all. It belongs in the top 10. Spinks/Tyson doesn't belong. A 90 second beat down is not a super fight.
Tyson-Spinks is a super fight, there were people picking spinks to beat tyson, add in spinks was linear champion and tyson had the unified title, doesnt get any bigger than that.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
missing Floyd-Oscar
Bhop vs Tito is one of the goat's
Lewis Klitschko

i said that at first when i saw the list but when you look at it, all those fights listed just weren't superfights on paper, aside from spinks-tyson, all those fights lived up to it's hype.
dlh-tito didn't make the list either, i believe for the same reason as dlh-mayweather.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
i said that at first when i saw the list but when you look at it, all those fights listed just weren't superfights on paper, aside from spinks-tyson, all those fights lived up to it's hype.
dlh-tito didn't make the list either, i believe for the same reason as dlh-mayweather.
DLH-Floyd the highest selling PPV of all time wasn't a superfight breh?

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
DLH-Floyd the highest selling PPV of all time wasn't a superfight breh?

lmao, i didn't say is wasn't a super fight. of course it was, it did numbers but in the fight itself, didn't live up to the hype. when you look at all the fights on that top 10 list, did they not live up to expectations. like i said before i see why espn didn't put it on their top 10 list, along with trinidad-dlh, which was another super fight.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
lmao, i didn't say is wasn't a super fight. of course it was, it did numbers but in the fight itself, didn't live up to the hype. when you look at all the fights on that top 10 list, did they not live up to expectations. like i said before i see why espn didn't put it on their top 10 list, along with trinidad-dlh, which was another super fight.
An ODLH-Floyd split decision idn;t live up to the hype? IMO it did even though Floyd beat the shyt out of Oscar, but I understand the line of thinking

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I agree with the list except for Manny/Marquez 4 and Foreman/Holyfield. Nobody was really hyped up to see those fights even though they turned out pretty entertaining. Manny and Juan was looked at as another fight in the rivalry and most cats thought Holyfield would really give old man Foreman that work.

All those other fights were hyped up a lot more and lived up to the expectations imo.