delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at least they off the russian shyt and are now self analyzing one aother

keep in mind, hes referring to the 2010-16 losses in state elections as well

you gonna put all the shyt on Obama?

The deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee places much of the blame for his party’s recent electoral failures at the feet of President Obama.

“Barack Obama could have been a better party leader, and I think the fact that he wasn’t has put his legacy in jeopardy,” Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison said at an event held at the University of Minnesota on Wednesday.

Ellison, a progressive who backed Bernie Sanders for president and was an early supporter of Obama’s, said that the former president’s failure to lead the Democratic party led to steep losses at the national level as well as in state houses across the country.

“His true legacy is in danger, and I think he can’t say that he wasn’t part of those losses. I mean, who else?” said Ellison, who serves as second-in-command to DNC chairman Tom Perez.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
surprised to see its ellison saying this

what the fukk is his rationale?

basically he thinks the DNC is focused on winning the presidental election and ignores state races...

The role of the DNC chairman is to run a political machine that helps to elect Democrats throughout the country, not to dictate the party's policy priorities. But Ellison's blueprint for defeating Trumpism is nonetheless rooted in the anti-establishment politics of Sanders. The DNC has become the "Democratic Presidential Committee," he argues; short-sighted focus on big-dollar fundraising and swing states has weakened the party on a county-by-county level. Change starts with shifting the party apparatus toward assembling a multicultural army of organizers, focused on the communities likely to bear the full brunt of the new president's policies. Ellison says the proof that this can work is in his district. Emphasizing door-to-door engagement over TV advertising, Ellison boasts he's juiced turnout in his safe Democratic seat to some of the highest levels in the country. Even as the Upper Midwest goes red, Minnesota Democrats have scored victories at the state level, bolstered by Ellison's Minneapolis machine.

i think he has a point. gerrymandering happened right under their noses. and hillary sucked alot of funding for state races for herself

LHilla

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The deep chasms of my mind
As as there's no big media backlash(the last thing the Dems need is even more fuel for people to laugh at), he has a right to his opinions.

BTW: Tom Perez acknowledges here that that district is heavily gerrymandered:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Problem number one across the board with democrats across the board is all this blame game.

I'm waiting for one of these politicians who have been in office while all this shyt was happening to take credit for their own personal failures over the past 8 years.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
He is correct but not the way he is explaining it, if Obama hadn't been so extremist on immigration and hadn't gotten involved in gay rights stuff democrats would have broader support in local races, Hillary still would have lost tho
I actually agree on this, but progressives feel the same way on those issues. If those are the biggest reasons why moderates lean right, why would any reasonable person say the solution is to go even further left.