Top Economies in 2014, 2030, and 2050. Nigeria in top 10.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
via PWC
etude-pwc-sur-lconomie-mondiale-en-2050-fv-2015-5-638.jpg

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Didn't realize China had already overtaken the U.S. :whoo:
In 2050 six of the top 7 economies will be either in Asia or Latin America:whoo:
Didn't realize Nigeria was a top 20 economy, projected to be top 10 in 2050.:whoo:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't realize China had already overtaken the U.S. :whoo:
In 2050 six of the top 7 economies will be either in Asia or Latin America:whoo:
Didn't realize Nigeria was a top 20 economy, projected to be top 10 in 2050.:whoo:

Who knew Indonesia was doing so well. Only one European country in the top 10 in 2050.

Interesting.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
Who knew Indonesia was doing so well. Only one European country in the top 10 in 2050.

Interesting.

Yea, I noticed that too which is crazy considering how dominant Europe has been for the past few centuries. Germany in the top 10 doesn't surprise me.

What's even crazier to me is the countries that will be more or less on the same level GDP wise.
  • It's basically China, India, US at the top tier with 40+ Trillion.
  • Indonesia is the only one really in the next tier with 12 Trillion.
  • Brazil, Mexico, Japan, Russia, Nigeria, German is the third tier with 6-9 trillion.
  • Then the next tier has UK, Saudi Arabia, France, Turkey, Pakistan, Egypt, South Korea, Italy, Canada, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Spain, South Africa with about 3-5+ Trillion.

2050 is only 35 years away and the world is projected to look mad different.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
question is will half the people in India and China still be living like it's 1905?

I doubt it. They have to make structural reforms in both countries but they both have populations that are hungry for wealth and highly intelligent. Just looking at Academia, Technology, and Finance, there are so many Indians and Chinese.

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
raw GDP numbers don't mean shyt. it's per capita that matters. it's why in 2050 an ordinary nigerian would jump at the opportunity to move to the UK or germany.

These are PPP adjusted GDP.

Per capita tells a lot of stuff too but it's not the only thing that matters.

High GDP means high tax revenue which can translate to how powerful a government is (or becoming). Or how how much influence a country has on the global economy. Also how competitive a country is in the global economy.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
These are PPP adjusted GDP.

Per capita tells a lot of stuff too but it's not the only thing that matters.

High GDP means high tax revenue which can translate to how powerful a government is (or becoming). Or how how much influence a country has on the global economy. Also how competitive a country is in the global economy.
and the GDP per capita numbers I look at are purchasing power based .

anyway it's the only thing i care about really. i'd rather live in the country with a GDP @ PPP of 43.1 trillion and a population of 397 million than a country with a GDP @ PPP of 61 trillion and a population of 1.46 billion. :ld:

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
and the GDP per capita numbers I look at are purchasing power based .

anyway it's the only thing i care about really. i'd rather live in the country with a GDP @ PPP of 43.1 trillion and a population of 397 million than a country with a GDP @ PPP of 61 trillion and a population of 1.46 billion. :ld:

Well I suggest you look at other factors.

I can't really say which of those countries I would rather live in.

How much debt does each country have?
What's the growth rate?
Could I use the cheap labor from Country B to my advantage?
Type of political system? Political climate?
Does country A have a high GINI coefficient compared to country B?
etc. etc.

i don't want any part of that. our 2050 population would increase by 36% but combined GDP @ PPP will only increase by 19%.

It was a joke breh.:ohboysmh: