Toughest training you ever had

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I would say it was my krav maga teacher. He came straight from Israeli and was no holds barred no fukks given. The worst or toughest was he would have us get on our knees with a black hood over our head, room be pitch black and then have our hands behind our backs. Then he would scream "Fight" and we would have to take the hood off and fight different attackers from all angles. Some had training weapons,some in the red man suit,but it was 100% none of that "oh we sparring don't get hurt" . It would be fighters in different styles as well,army combatives,muay thai guys, boxers, shyt was brutal as hell. so,what would you say was your toughest training?

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
My friend was 16 and just started boxing. He asked Coach (Battalia Balamoundo) if he would spar with him not knowing Coach is a crazy ass. My dude took a stiff jab to the face and almost quit right there. He said "I thought we were gonna go easy and he'd teach me" :mjlol:

My answer is under him and my long time coach from Jamaica who does the grimiest/hood shyt.

Push ups on bricks using your finger tips and wrists:mjcry:

Training your shins and forearms for kickboxing:mjcry:

We also did 2 and 3 on one sparring in case shyt went down outside of the ring

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
My friend was 16 and just started boxing. He asked Coach (Battalia Balamoundo) if he would spar with him not knowing Coach is a crazy ass. My dude took a stiff jab to the face and almost quit right there. He said "I thought we were gonna go easy and he'd teach me" :mjlol:

My answer is under him and my long time coach from Jamaica who does the grimiest/hood shyt.

Push ups on bricks using your finger tips and wrists:mjcry:

Training your shins and forearms for kickboxing:mjcry:

We also did 2 and 3 on one sparring in case shyt went down outside of the ring

:whoo:

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
I was trained by my step pops who was a POW in Vietnam. He was a black belt in karate and his mind was all about protecting yourself. At one point we lived in the backwoods of North Carolina, just woods and a corn field for my back yard.
I was a little kid (8 years old)) who did knuckle 50 pushups on raw rice daily, I was forced to lift weights, he left in the middle of the woods by myself to make it back home so I can learn survival, we had BB gun wars (he always won) in the woods, I had to fight him in a dark room every Saturday night, we chopped wood for our oven.

But the worse training I had was BJJ, nothing tested my physical and mental being like that.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I was trained by my step pops who was a POW in Vietnam. He was a black belt in karate and his mind was all about protecting yourself. At one point we lived in the backwoods of North Carolina, just woods and a corn field for my back yard.
I was a little kid (8 years old)) who did knuckle 50 pushups on raw rice daily, I was forced to lift weights, he left in the middle of the woods by myself to make it back home so I can learn survival, we had BB gun wars (he always won) in the woods, I had to fight him in a dark room every Saturday night, we chopped wood for our oven.

But the worse training I had was BJJ, nothing tested my physical and mental being like that.

How was BJJ worse than that? Damn, your step dad trained you to be the Black GI Joe :damn:

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
ski i didn't know you were into that breh..what made you dabble?

Just being around different types of fighters my whole life. But what made me REALLY try it was the breh @Mowgli who helped me overcome the fear of being smothered for an extended period of time. BJJ keeps me from getting :flabbynsick: Pat. Try it breh. :ohlawd:

Last edited:

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
How was BJJ worse than that? Damn, your step dad trained you to be the Black GI Joe :damn:
:pachaha: My sisters and I look back and realize how bugged out he was, but I understand because he was tourtured while in captivity (the stories he told me was :picard::damn::damn::demonic::whoa::sadcam:)Breh, he had me throwing ninja stars at a ply wood board he nailed to trees. What's crazy is that I liked it. His training definitely prepared me for REAL life breh.
I'm an old head but I'm way ahead of my peers who are in the same age range. God blessed me to be different. BJJ training had me reassessing my life :mjcry: I only do it 2 times a week for now.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: My sisters and I look back and realize how bugged out he was, but I understand because he was tourtured while in captivity (the stories he told me was :picard::damn::damn::demonic::whoa::sadcam:)Breh, he had me throwing ninja stars at a ply wood board he nailed to trees. What's crazy is that I liked it. His training definitely prepared me for REAL life breh.
I'm an old head but I'm way ahead of my peers who are in the same age range. God blessed me to be different. BJJ training had me reassessing my life :mjcry: I only do it 2 times a week for now.

Ninja stars?! Goddamn, your father was a goddamn shinobi :russ:

Training you to be a lethal assassin and shyt while kids are learning how to catch a ball

tumblr_inline_odnmszsr5A1r5ight_500.gif

I want to do BJJ, but wrestling and volleyball fukked up my left leg already - I can't even bend my left leg straight anymore, I can't imagine how it'd be like after if I took up BJJ

I actually went to Saigon last year, and I saw some of those POW camps that the US Army put the Viet prisoners through at the War Museum...they must've put your dad through a ton in response. Vietnamese people still hate Americans btw, I saw a bunch of Viets stomp out a white dude outside a bar at 2 am for trying to pick up a Viet girl

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Just being around different types of fighters my whole life. But what made me REALLY try it was the breh @Mowgli who helped me overcome the fear of being smothered for an extended period of time. BJJ keeps me from getting :flabbynsick: Pat. Try it breh. :ohlawd:
If you only train your strengths you might panic when youre put in a bad position, gassing out, then being murdered.

Gotta get comfortable under pressure till your escapes and defenses are robotic yet able to adjust.

If ive been on a layoff i always come back and start sparring in side control just to get used to the pressure again. Earn the dominant position. Its a great way to train.

You dont have to worry about much when your defense is on point.

Glad you realized that. Nothing sadder then a dude constantly tapping out to claustrophobia. Just breath, get your hands where they need to be and start workinf your escapes

You really only need to train bjj 3 days a week minimum.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Tournament training

Hardest training probably a 30 minute warmup consisting of various plyometric excercises in triple weave black gi, with no breaks and no AC on a 100 degree day going right into 15 minutes of line drills going against the entire class, 15 minutes of shark tanking <you spar from feet and go against a line of people for 5 minutes a piece> then free training for as long as you want.
15 minutes of free training, fukk that i was tired

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
Ninja stars?! Goddamn, your father was a goddamn shinobi :russ:

Training you to be a lethal assassin and shyt while kids are learning how to catch a ball

tumblr_inline_odnmszsr5A1r5ight_500.gif

I want to do BJJ, but wrestling and volleyball fukked up my left leg already - I can't even bend my left leg straight anymore, I can't imagine how it'd be like after if I took up BJJ

I actually went to Saigon last year, and I saw some of those POW camps that the US Army put the Viet prisoners through at the War Museum...they must've put your dad through a ton in response. Vietnamese people still hate Americans btw, I saw a bunch of Viets stomp out a white dude outside a bar at 2 am for trying to pick up a Viet girl
:pachaha:He was a serious dude breh, but not mentally crazy or anything. Being a POW will either enhance your life or destroy, it enhanced his. If you ever run into some vets, ask them about Nam:snoop:

If you're injured please don't even try it breh.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
shyt that makes me remember my pops,a navy seal. i couldn't have been no older than 8/9 lost a fight at school. pops said never again. i got put in more submission holds than i remember, fukked my pain tolerance up. he would wake me in the middle of the night just so i'd stay aware. all the times i got knocked down, had to do different types of push ups and countless sit ups. then fight him and go back for more.