Trade School or Certs?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I'm wondering if it makes sense to go to trade school for IT or to just get the certs yourself on your own? I don't know if trade school is much different besides being in a structured system. If it's different let me know.

I ask because wouldn't it be better for me to go to trade school for electrician, hvac, etc. And also get IT certs on my own. Rather than go to trade school just for IT? Or is it different than what I thought ?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Why would you get IT certs in another field. If you want to go into the IT field go to trade school and learn a speciality and get your certs. Most tech schools will integrate certs into their program.

If you arent in IT just follow your career field progression and ignore IT certs

I'm wondering if it makes sense to go to trade school for IT or to just get the certs yourself on your own? I don't know if trade school is much different besides being in a structured system. If it's different let me know.

I ask because wouldn't it be better for me to go to trade school for electrician, hvac, etc. And also get IT certs on my own. Rather than go to trade school just for IT? Or is it different than what I thought ?

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Well what I meant was would it make sense to go to trade school for IT if I could get the certs on my own?

And wouldn't it be better to get the certs on my own than to go to trade school because if need be I could go to trade school for something else and have certs as well.

I'm starting to become paranoid about jobs and I'm trying to get good at everything.

But how different are trade schools compared to getting certs on your own for IT?

Why would you get IT certs in another field. If you want to go into the IT field go to trade school and learn a speciality and get your certs. Most tech schools will integrate certs into their program.

If you arent in IT just follow your career field progression and ignore IT certs

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Well what I meant was would it make sense to go to trade school for IT if I could get the certs on my own?

And wouldn't it be better to get the certs on my own than to go to trade school because if need be I could go to trade school for something else and have certs as well.

I'm starting to become paranoid about jobs and I'm trying to get good at everything.

But how different are trade schools compared to getting certs on your own for IT?
Self study is great. But if you can be trained by someone and instructed there is no reason to not do it, especially if you are new to the field.
Go to tech school for IT, get your certs and get an AA in a speciality

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Would you advise to go back and get an AA even tho I have one ? It's general because I didn't know what to major in at the time.

Self study is great. But if you can be trained by someone and instructed there is no reason to not do it, especially if you are new to the field.
Go to tech school for IT, get your certs and get an AA in a speciality

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Would you advise to go back and get an AA even tho I have one ? It's general because I didn't know what to major in at the time.
Depends on you, can you afford it? If not skip it and self study while working yourself up from a helpdesk position.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Can you get a helpdesk position with no A+ or any cert?
Yeah you can get a help desk position with nothing, its typically for people with no experience and you aren't touching computers, your mostly following a script and either walking users through the script or making a ticket to send to someone else.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Hmmm never knew that. What are the positions that require the A+?

Yeah you can get a help desk position with nothing, its typically for people with no experience and you aren't touching computers, your mostly following a script and either walking users through the script or making a ticket to send to someone else.