True definition of Black Excellence. Former Ex-Felon graduates with PHD; and starts a college.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
he's an amazing smart man.
felons cant get financial aid because they are felons and then because they have no money to educate themselves they go bakk to old habits.
the reason the government wanted it like that.

he's a great man helping legal working felons get college classes. :salute:

And he graduated from one of the best universities in the world ( University of Chicago).

Raava

Staff member
Daps
The most beautiful thing about this story is not only did he get himself out the system and break the cycle, but he is reaching back to help others. We need more of this. Need more people willing to put in work, time and effort to solve a problem facing the community.

I want to be effective like this :mjcry: This is awesome.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
I wanted to update this to let you guys know, he was able to increase his school size from the orginal 250 inmate goal.

The new school size will increase to 400. Just wanted to salute this brother again :salute:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is absolutely fantastic. I hope for more success his way, and hopefully he can act as a barrier to prison. Get more young men and women educated w/ valuable skills.

Anerdyblackguy

Supporter
Daps
I just wanted to bumb this thread again to let you guys know that he was able to exceed his Original goal of 250,000, and will work with the illnois public policy center to increase the size of his college ( Ward College). Here's his new foundation

Ward Foundation – Daniel W. Geiter, Ed.D.

I will post photos of his college in August.

Last edited: