Trump says he wants country 'opened up' by Easter, despite caution from health experts

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Two months is a long-ass time for a full shutdown. I think 3 weeks is a solid time to reevaluate (starting the count from whenever serious shutdown started for each state). If the hospitals are functional with breathing room and the death rate has dropped significantly at that point, then identify what the most essential shyt is and they those ramp back up - factories and small businesses and other production-centered shyt. Monitor closely for another couple weeks, if there's no big increase then allow the restaurants and such to open back up too but with public behavior rules - advise people cover their faces, keep their distance from each other, no big groups. Another couple weeks and no major issues, you start rescheduling public events like NBA games and shyt.

The nice thing is that you have a TON of data. Each state reacted differently, so you'll have a good idea of how the various policies have affected the spread, how long it takes the curve to drop, as well as what impact the weather is having and all that shyt. It won't be as much a guessing game at that point.

Of course, if the death rate refuses to drop or the hospitals stay overwhelmed then all bets are off.

The bill coming through is giving all single adults who make less than six figures a $1,200 check (less than $200,000 for married couples) and $500 per child too, unemployment insurance is getting boosted by an extra $600/week for four months and is being expanded to include freelancers, gig workers, and people on furlough, and city/state governments are getting an extra $150 billion. There's $367 billion to help small businesses keep up their payroll and a $500 billion loan program for businesses and local governments.

That's quite a bit of dough that should keep shyt generally okay for 3-4 weeks at least.

Yeah, that's a fukking joke. People deal with economic shyt all the time, there wasn't no huge increase in suicides for the 2008 economic collapse.

More Than 10,000 Suicides Tied To Economic Crisis, Study Says

Recession linked to more than 10,000 suicides

:hubie:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:huhldup:

One bit of borderline good news in that story though:
Suicide rates in Sweden and Austria, for example, remained stable, despite an equal amount of economic turmoil and distress, researchers said. They singled out Sweden as an example of a country in which people with financial troubles receive considerable government support.

The fact that suicide rates rose a great deal in some countries and not in others seems to indicate that tragedy isn't inevitable and intervention is warranted, researchers said.

Apparently if Trump's so worried about it then it's completely within his hands. :ehh:

:lupe:

:snoop:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The virus is slamming NY and CA, the two states that run our economy. Both states are run by prominent democrat governors who have been doing a great job on this. Neither wants to completely re-open for obvious reasons. Trump does not control when the economy restarts.

There are a couple things Trump could do. He could cut off federal aide to states fighting the virus. He could allow international travel again. Neither are good ideas and will make things, including the economy, worse. So what are his options? Even Mississippi is about to close down. Florida is on the brink. We don't have the hospital beds to deal with this, or the medical equipment, and people hypothetically going back to work would make it worse.

Then there's the issue of customers. People aren't going to simply start going back to the dentist or whatever just because Trump wants it. People are avoiding businesses right now, which is a reason so many are being laid off. That's not gonna stop. People can't afford to get sick...

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The virus is slamming NY and CA, the two states that run our economy. Both states are run by prominent democrat governors who have been doing a great job on this. Neither wants to completely re-open for obvious reasons. Trump does not control when the economy restarts.

There are a couple things Trump could do. He could cut off federal aide to states fighting the virus. He could allow international travel again. Neither are good ideas and will make things, including the economy, worse. So what are his options? Even Mississippi is about to close down. Florida is on the brink. We don't have the hospital beds to deal with this, or the medical equipment, and people hypothetically going back to work would make it worse.

Then there's the issue of customers. People aren't going to simply start going back to the dentist or whatever just because Trump wants it. People are avoiding businesses right now, which is a reason so many are being laid off. That's not gonna stop. People can't afford to get sick...
This

Who the fukk is gonna go back to sitting in restaurants with all this shyt going on :snoop:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Are you in the house like 24/7 per men at or do you go to the store to get groceries and etc often?

For the most part yes. I've gone out a few times to either get food/supplies for myself or for my mom. I have asthma and my mom has bronchitis. Neither of us need to out there but I'd rather be her runner than have her out there.

Last edited:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Alot of people. Did you not see bars/clubs/concerts just days before cities start shutting down? Did you not see Florida last weekend? St. Patty's day? People were out and would be if not for shyt closing.

doubt it

nobody is rushing to share cups and silverware right now

spring break Miami and Florida will regret those occurrences last week

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doubt it

nobody is rushing to share cups and silverware right now

spring break Miami and Florida will regret those occurrences last week
Man I'm telling you, I live close to a huge college campus... these folks are ready to let loose. The bars/restaurants will be slammed once they get the green light.