Trump wants Gov't Shutdown; Trump signs massive 2yr budget deal

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
point out the inconsistency. Stop being lazy.

“Feb. 8, we’re going to have another [stopgap bill]. But we have to have that budget agreement in order to move forward. … That’s the goal,” Murray said. “And then the deal is that if DACA is not part of that, then it will be the next thing considered.”

“Everyone’s first preference is to get it all done by the 8th,” a Senate Democratic aide said on Wednesday. “We haven’t speculated on what happens if it doesn’t all come together.”

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
“Feb. 8, we’re going to have another [stopgap bill]. But we have to have that budget agreement in order to move forward. … That’s the goal,” Murray said. “And then the deal is that if DACA is not part of that, then it will be the next thing considered.”

“Everyone’s first preference is to get it all done by the 8th,” a Senate Democratic aide said on Wednesday. “We haven’t speculated on what happens if it doesn’t all come together.”
We'll see what happens on the 8th. However, I'm not sure why they're signaling anything if this story is to be believed if they have full plan to make sure that come feb 8th that DACA is part of that deal, like initially stated.

I admit I'm not the most educated on procedure but based on what this says and how I interpret it, they will have an immediate debate or vote or whatever after the vote on keeping the government open. What keeps Republican's from collectively voting against any measure related to it after they get what they want in keeping the government open. I wouldn't consider that necessary an inconsistency but maybe a lessening of the severity of how this is being reported or being read. But again, this is contingent on Republicans to play ball and say if its not considered in the budget agreement, what leverage do the Democrats have afterwards is the question. Leaving any of this up to Republicans is a gamble.

I feel bi-polar on this issue because I said in the main thread, I'm personally not vested much in it, but I also want to see Democrats stick to their guns and words that if they plan on doing something they follow through and do it. You say you genuinely believe something, then show it by doing everything you can to see it happen.

This sounds like wavering to me

If it happens it happens :yeshrug:

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Democrats gon Democrat.

Smfh at anyone saying this is a smart thing for them to do when the nation is actually on their side in this case but they still bytchmade. I guess they shouldn't stick up for shyt. Way to buckle to the White Nationalist Party.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We'll see what happens on the 8th. However, I'm not sure why they're signaling anything if this story is to be believed if they have full plan to make sure that come feb 8th that DACA is part of that deal, like initially stated.

I admit I'm not the most educated on procedure but based on what this says and how I interpret it, they will have an immediate debate or vote or whatever after the vote on keeping the government open. What keeps Republican's from collectively voting against any measure related to it after they get what they want in keeping the government open. I wouldn't consider that necessary an inconsistency but maybe a lessening of the severity of how this is being reported or being read. But again, this is contingent on Republicans to play ball and say if its not considered in the budget agreement, what leverage do the Democrats have afterwards is the question. Leaving any of this up to Republicans is a gamble.

I feel bi-polar on this issue because I said in the main thread, I'm personally not vested much in it, but I also want to see Democrats stick to their guns and words that if they plan on doing something they follow through and do it. You say you genuinely believe something, then show it by doing everything you can to see it happen.

This sounds like wavering to me

If it happens it happens :yeshrug:
They are counting on their adversary Mith McConnell to bring the issue back up separately because he promised. lol 'I promise' = comfort for a fool.
Democrats gon Democrat.

Smfh at anyone saying this is a smart thing for them to do when the nation is actually on their side in this case but they still bytchmade. I guess they shouldn't stick up for shyt. Way to buckle to the White Nationalist Party.
Basically, nice resistance there Chucky.

Daps
Democrats gon Democrat.

Basically, nice resistance there Chucky.

this is my fight song
concede to the right song

The white house wants Democrats to agree to take away family reunification which is a right that legal immigrants have NOW, in order to to give "relief" (with a promise of citizenship, maybe sometime down the road we swear) for CURRENT dacas only.

Family reunification should only be a negotiating point for COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM. If Democrats give away the farm for a few chickens they can forget about 2018.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
President Donald Trump said he would “love to see a shutdown” if Democrats don’t agree to his demands on immigration reform, in an off-the-cuff comment that not only undermined his entire party’s messaging on government spending, but also seemed to miss the actual goings-on in Congress.

“If we don’t change it, let’s have a shutdown,” Trump said about immigration during a White House meeting on MS-13 gang violence. “We’ll do a shutdown and it’s worth it for our country. I’d love to see a shutdown if we don’t get this stuff taken care of.”

Trump went on to say: “If we have to shut it down because the Democrats don’t want safety, and unrelated but still related, they don’t want to take care of our military, then shut it down. We’ll go with another shutdown.”

Trump’s comment has put Republicans on edge, in part because Congress is currently in the midst of negotiating a spending bill before the government shutdown deadline this Thursday. One Republican lawmaker who was in the room, Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-VA), urged Trump to walk away from the “shutdown” rhetoric, saying “both sides have learned that a government shutdown is bad.”
Trump called for a government shutdown over immigration, and it makes no sense

I mean :wtf: , I was watching the news just now and had to stop in disbelief, especially when the news segment had to reiterate that the 45 Administration, didn't mean what he just said....

But this mofo just said he's in favor a govt shutdown in plain english. :mindblown:

/rant