Trump's Benghazi?—4 Soldiers Killed In NIGER: Update 3/4 Video of ambush released

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
The sole purpose of "special ops" is to do illegal shyt, but in the US the indoctrination is so great this is practically ignored.
Na it's not ignored. People know however the logistics are too secret to ever know what REALLY goes on. People in countries like niger know waay more about special forces than most Americans because they have first hand knowledge.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Na it's not ignored. People know however the logistics are too secret to ever know what REALLY goes on. People in countries like niger know waay more about special forces than most Americans because they have first hand knowledge.
Man its documented in this country the shyt the US Special forces do we know in central america they were organizing death squads, they were killing women and children in Vietnam

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Man its documented in this country the shyt the US Special forces do we know in central america they were organizing death squads, they were killing women and children in Vietnam
It's not All documented breh but I know what u mean
It's pretty much all foul. Part of America.
What can u do?

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
No business being there and I have no sympathy for US murderers and assassins.
Shame the whole squad didn't get killed.

I'm against US interventions in foreign countries, but these Special forces were probably there to fight Boko Haram, you still think its a shame Boko Haram didn't kill the whole squad?

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
If you're confused about why spec ops are doing dirt in Niger you should check out the book Dirty Wars.
Basically, the Bush administration gave the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) the freedom to conduct their own intelligence operations wherever they want (free from the CIA and congressional oversight) and act on that intelligence, mostly in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Obama administration then gave JSOC even greater freedom, allowing them to conduct operations globally, mostly in Yemen, Pakistan, and Somalia at the time.

Now they running wild.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I'm against US interventions in foreign countries, but these Special forces were probably there to fight Boko Haram, you still think its a shame Boko Haram didn't kill the whole squad?
Nothing has changed.There is no excuse for there to be a special force or black ops, if they are there it should be open and widely known and at public invitation of host nation, and even then I would be against it because it isn't the purpose of the US military which is to defend the US.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nothing has changed.There is no excuse for there to be a special force or black ops, if they are there it should be open and widely known and at public invitation of host nation, and even then I would be against it because it isn't the purpose of the US military which is to defend the US.

They're there training the Nigerien Army and it's not a secret.

The government of President Mahamadou Issoufou of Niger has proved to be a stalwart partner in the United States’ counterterrorism campaign in the Sahel. About a dozen Army Special Forces conduct, train and advise missions at any given time in the country

Shogun

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Nothing has changed.There is no excuse for there to be a special force or black ops, if they are there it should be open and widely known and at public invitation of host nation, and even then I would be against it because it isn't the purpose of the US military which is to defend the US.[/QUOTE]

That may be your opinion, and a valid one at that, but that isn't the stated purpose of the US Military. Hasn't been since the Monroe Doctrine, and especially not since the Roosevelt Corollary.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You don't need special forces to train nigerian army, training is a cover for their real activity.

Training is what the Green Berets have always done and specialize in. I'd rather they train locals and assist them in counter terrorism in the region then extremists go about unchecked..

Negged/reported

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That may be your opinion, and a valid one at that, but that isn't the stated purpose of the US Military. Hasn't been since the Monroe Doctrine, and especially not since the Roosevelt Corollary.
It is my opinion, which I thought was clear since it was a post replying to another poster asking me my opinion

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Training is what the Green Berets have always done and specialize in. I'd rather they train locals and assist them in counter terrorism in the region then extremists go about unchecked..

Negged/reported
Green Berets train indignious populations, official army joint training is typically not done by the Green Berets though, its done formally and openly with training of officers and etc, that is what the premier world dictator school, School of America was for, hell you even see cross training Saudi officers at Maxwell.