Tryna get rich brehs help me out

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
So I'm on my way to a job interview.

Long story short the starting salary is about 80k (if I land the job...I make 52k rn) with no bonuses. Close to 120k if I hit all the bonuses so about 100k in between. It would be a new field for me and apparently a lot of people dont work out but...I'm a bad mf soooooo:yeshrug:

Anyways so my boss sat me down (I'm not sure if he knows that I'm interviewing with other places) and told me that the company is going to start giving stock to its salaried employees. Its a medium sized corporate restruant chain with 20ish locations.

So I did some research. Most chains go public after they reach about the 40 store point.

At our current rate of growth that's 5-6 years from now.

In 5-6 years I could be a millionaire...fukk me:dwillhuh:

So...a 30k raise with a chance to pull in 100k yearly for the foreseeable future?:myman:

Or stay put and pray I come up on some M's????:lupe:

Help me out brehs:sadbron:

Breh just cause u get stock options doesn't mean anything. Your thinking these tech companies. Bottom line a chain of 40 resturants won't have the cap space of the companies u read about. You'll make some cash during the IPO but I'd you can make like 20k more at abother job take it breh.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
The opportunity cost is high which may not even be certain and so is the risk. The certain money is the better option IMO

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
Just got out of the interview. Background check is pending and I have a 3 hour course and a test to take for licensing purposes. Should be a piece of cake though.

How old are you?

I'll tell you what, at 30 years old, my advice to a younger version of myself is to move to the next gig. Longevity is good but so is betting on yourself. Anything could happen in the next few years and "stock" isn't guaranteed that you'll become a millionaire.

If you are industrious (sounds like you are if you were pushing adderall) then make the jump to the next place and hit a lick there and then continue to climb. If you are more set on something steady, then stay where you are and ride it out.

Either way it sounds like you are in the middle of two good opportunities so you're doing well breh :myman:
3 months shy of 24. I'm leaning strongly towards taking the new job but that million+ (hell I'd take 500k...250k even) is still in the back of my mind. And yes, I'm a whatever means necessary type of breh. Just trying to apply my talents in a more...safe...industry.

Breh just cause u get stock options doesn't mean anything. Your thinking these tech companies. Bottom line a chain of 40 resturants won't have the cap space of the companies u read about. You'll make some cash during the IPO but I'd you can make like 20k more at abother job take it breh.
You're absolutely correct. Its a big gamble. One that would pay off like a mf though. I can't shake the what if.
The opportunity cost is high which may not even be certain and so is the risk. The certain money is the better option IMO
Like I said I'm leaning that way. Prolly just need to sleep on it

TL15

Veteran
Daps
3 months shy of 24. I'm leaning strongly towards taking the new job but that million+ (hell I'd take 500k...250k even) is still in the back of my mind. And yes, I'm a whatever means necessary type of breh. Just trying to apply my talents in a more...safe...industry.

the stock money isn't guaranteed though. Make the Jump. 23/24 you are elastic enough to take a risk and bounce back. Continue to climb, learn new stuff, and grind. Keep your head down and when you're my age and you come up to breathe life will be good :salute:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
Just got out of the interview. Background check is pending and I have a 3 hour course and a test to take for licensing purposes. Should be a piece of cake though.

You're absolutely correct. Its a big gamble. One that would pay off like a mf though. I can't shake the what if.

Like I said I'm leaning that way. Prolly just need to sleep on it

What do u do for the company u aRE at now?

We're u one of the original employees?