Overall Rating

• Total voters

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
One of my top 5 all-time favourites. I'll try to be objective.

-Mic work/promos: 9
A tier below the GOATs in this category. -1 because, while he was amazing at saying ill shyt and at getting his character over, I don't see him as a guy who was cutting "money" promos per se. He was fukking great on the mic though.

-Personality/gimmicks: 10
One of the few examples of a wrestler drawing inspiration from a sub-culture and actually being cooler than what he's emulating. Raven >>>>> actual grunge guys all day :wow:
I would argue that no character in wrestling history was ever performed better than Raven. If most wrestlers are soap opera actors, Scott Levy is De Niro status in the biz.

Also one of the very few who was able to translate something that worked in ECW (and Raven was at the forefront of ECW gaining its reputation for underground rawness) and get over in WCW with the Disneyfied version of his shtick. Imagine him in 97-99 WWF :mjcry: he was made for that Russo fukkery

-Ring work (along with some of your favorite matches/feuds): 7
Obviously he was no HBK in the ring. He somehow managed to have entertaining matches while seemingly not doing much of anything, which is to his credit. I'd like to have seen how he would have looked in 20 minute WWF main events during the attitude era. His brawling was up there with the best of them when motivated.

-Overall rating (which doesn't have to be an average of the above scores): 8
Not a GOAT, nor do I think he's on the first tier below the GOATs with Mysterio, Angle etc. 8/10 sounds perfect.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
A great match that I watched recently.

Raven vs Tommy Dreamer in a Loser Leaves Town Match, ECW Wrestlepalooza 1997

Another noteworthy one:

AJ Styles vs Raven for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, 8/27/03 NWA Total Nonstop Action #60

Last edited: