• 5 (Average)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Angle is definitely a 10. Between him and Savage as my all time favorites. Just his versatility alone makes a 10. He was great playing any role in and out of the ring. He could have a high paced match with Mysterio, power match with Lesnar, and then a technical match with Benoit and never look out of sorts. Did great as the goofy heel, vicious heel, and even as a face killed it. Milk bath segment was still one of the underrated babyface moments of the last 20 years. Just an all time great and would've been a first day purchase if WWE ever released a DVD of his before the network. One thing he had going for him to is that even as a main eventer was not afraid to take them mid card risks. Still remember the moonsault off the cage during that steel cage match with Benoit on Raw.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Kurt Angle is on the GOAT

His ring and mic skills were amazing (Oh it's true)

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
TOP 5 of all time

His presence in 1999 immediately changed the aura of WWE, we were used to the foul, fukk ass attitudes of Austin, Rock, DX, wrestling matches were shyt at the height of 1999. King Kurt came with his goofiness and gold medals and made the submissions and wrestling part of his character and eventually WWF 2000 had the best wrestling match quality in WWF history and I think it's because Kurt made it important
When he cut his hair he became a threat in the ring with his intensity and every match he was in was must see, he could carry a broom to a 4 star match

10+

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Angle such a weird case for me man, I hated his as an actual wrestler and think he sucked in ring which is hilarious as his gimmick is pretty much being the greatest wrestler alive, but damn was more charismatic and better on the mic than 99% of wrestlers in history

I guess 8?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Angle such a weird case for me man, I hated his as an actual wrestler and think he sucked in ring which is hilarious as his gimmick is pretty much being the greatest wrestler alive, but damn was more charismatic and better on the mic than 99% of wrestlers in history

I guess 8?

Very.....different opinion. Who are your favorite in ring wrestlers?

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Very.....different opinion. Who are your favorite in ring wrestlers?

Flair, Shawn, Steamboat, Henry,Bryan, Punk. Rey, Austin, Bret off the top of my head my top favs in ring, it's not like I have a set type of style I prefer I can watch a Michaels as easily as a Vader squash or Yoko

Angle just never did it for me, the spamming of moves/video game like wrestling just never did it for me, its not to say he isnt apart of classics but I felt he need a much better wrestler in there to have it ( Taker, Austin, Lesnar, Shawn)

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Hes a spot worker disguised as a Benoit level wrestler. That's what Angle always was. But he thinks highly of his suplex carried spot fests.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Flair, Shawn, Steamboat, Henry,Bryan, Punk. Rey, Austin, Bret off the top of my head my top favs in ring, it's not like I have a set type of style I prefer I can watch a Michaels as easily as a Vader squash or Yoko

Angle just never did it for me, the spamming of moves/video game like wrestling just never did it for me, its not to say he isnt apart of classics but I felt he need a much better wrestler in there to have it ( Taker, Austin, Lesnar, Shawn)

Lesnar was never better than Angle. Also Angle has had great matches in TNA with workers who weren't on the level of the guys that you mentioned. He even got a great match out of Mr. Anderson.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lesnar was never better than Angle. Also Angle has had great matches in TNA with workers who weren't on the level of the guys that you mentioned. He even got a great match out of Mr. Anderson.

Agree to disagree, yea he's a lazy POS but Lesnar 2012-2014 is better than anything Angle was apart of IMO. I didnt watch TNA so I wont even pretend to know, but anytime Angle was lead in a match just was :hhh: to me

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Agree to disagree, yea he's a lazy POS but Lesnar 2012-2014 is better than anything Angle was apart of IMO. I didnt watch TNA so I wont even pretend to know, but anytime Angle was lead in a match just was :hhh: to me
full

His only noteworthy match during that period was his CM Punk match and that had more to do with Punk. But OK. :yeshrug:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
full

His only noteworthy match during that period was his CM Punk match and that had more to do with Punk. But OK. :yeshrug:

Cena/Lesnar ER 2012 is one of the best matches in company history, those two matches alone are better than any Angle has had IMO

The Summerslam 2014 rematch was also good