Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Most of y'all probably know this but I didn't learn this shyt until a few months ago. Had never even heard the song before.

It's a meditation on Vincent van Gogh's paintings and how they reflect his life and mental state. He had psychotic episodes and struggled with depression, was put in a mental hospital a couple of times and completely unappreciated as a painter, killed himself with a revolver to the chest. After his death he eventually became one of the most influential artists of any format ever. Tupac apparently fukked with him heavy, "Starry Night" Was one of his favorite paintings and this song about him from Don Maclean was one of his favorite songs. The little poem Tupac writes about him that starts the video is poignant.

Just thought it was cool shyt to throw out there.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We been knew this
Like I said, I figured most of y'all knew, but I did a search and it almost never been mentioned in here so I thought it was worth a thread.

I mean, I was gonna start the 74th Tekashi snitching thread but figured I might as well post some thoughtful music. :manny:

She's got a nice voice but :dahell: that bassist wearing? :gucci: