Turkey's PM Ahmet Davutoglu resigns after power struggle with Erdogan

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

It’s now official; master carpet seller Davutoglu is OUT, expelled by the Sultan. They were literally at each other’s throats. It’s Davutoglu who imposed on a groveling Merkel the EU mass refugee deportation scheme – for which the EU is paying 6 billion euros and allowing visa-free in Schengen.

But the Sultan wants more. He wants it all; a Caliphate in the form of an “executive presidency” replacing the current parliamentary system. Davutoglu – preserving a whiff of what was left of his dignity – said no.

All this is happening just as Davutoglu had announced on Turkish TV that Ankara is ready to invade Syria (see one of my previous posts).

My moles tell me the threat came straight from His Masters’ Voice. That’s highly debatable. Or it could be part of an elaborate trap; Erdogan is viewed as an extreme liability nowadays in the Beltway.

Needless to say, the threat is a direct challenge to Russia. Imagine – a distinct possibility – Moscow having enough and responding by using tactical nuclear weapons, as Russian forces in Syria cannot be supplied by land, and the sea lanes may be blocked at the Bosphorus.

Now compare this with the Mossad’s take – from one of my Israeli-linked sources:

“This would be in the best interest of Germany (about to be overrun by Turkish hordes with no visa requirements), Russia - finally get the empire to the Mediterranean, Iran (knock out a potential hegemon) and Saudi Arabia. The US under Obama couldn't care less. Every time we need Turkish co-operation, they try to extract an extra pound of flesh and then don't cooperate. And Erdogan is very, very anti-Israel and probably a real anti-Semite. So with no friends, and no real power, the inevitable will occur.”

Isn’t this way more eyebrow-raising than the upcoming Bourne blockbuster?

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@FAH1223 what's the end game with the Turkish government re Erdogan?

Do they have term limits? lol

Hopefully the visa deal won't result in any terrorism.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FAH1223 what's the end game with the Turkish government re Erdogan?

Do they have term limits? lol

Hopefully the visa deal won't result in any terrorism.

The President of Turkey has a term limit of two terms of 5 years each.

Erdogan is on a different path even from those in his own party. Davutoglu is the latest example. The AKP will remain very popular but there's definitely the potential for conflict internally.