i dont know why i even enter into TLR...u negros is retarded​

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Bro...don't drink that puddle water.

The fact is..unless you're only thinking of getting a terminal undergrad degree like certain engineering degree...then foregoing ivy league is dumb.

But if say you're going the undergrad then grad school route and you're not getting a full ride for undergrad 8n the ivy, Why the hell will you go there and get out with exorbitant debt? Keep in mind that just going to ivy league doesn't guarantee you anything if you don't have the grades.

Now..if you have a full ride in a decent and respected undergrad college and you go in and really really excel academically...maaaaad doors open for you in terms if being accepted into an ivy league grad school. Especially when you're black. I don't know a single black student with top notch grades and curricular from state school that couldn't get into an ivy league. Not one . You still end up with ivy league on your record anyway

Meanwhile..you can go the ivy league for undergrad and get mad student loans aND debt..stress yourself out and end up with not so good of a grade and have to apply for state schools for your professional degree...that is hustling backwards.

The key with this dude is he should just beast and get them grades..he's a black male, he's gonna eat off that crazy if he plays his cards right.

The flawed philosophy that we have is ivy league by all means....fukk that shyt. There's a limit to that.

I see what you're saying, but Ivy league undergrad is too prestigious to pass up IMO. We're talking about schools with 5-10% acceptance rate. Employers know this and will place a high premium for you. Plus he could end up fukking up in Alabama as well (historically not the most negro-friendly state) and ruin his chances at a decent grad school. I'm sure the kid will do well regardless, but this just strikes me as selling yourself short for a near-sighted reason.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Should've applied to AAMU :ufdup:

200763_full.jpg

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see what you're saying, but Ivy league undergrad is too prestigious to pass up IMO. We're talking about schools with 5-10% acceptance rate. Employers know this and will place a high premium for you. Plus he could end up fukking up in Alabama as well (historically not the most negro-friendly state) and ruin his chances at a decent grad school. I'm sure the kid will do well regardless, but this just strikes me as selling yourself short for a near-sighted reason.
Student loan debt is crippling and stays with you for life. No degree is worth that.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse