Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So I recently went to my first comic convention and surprisingly had a great time. I got to take pictures with Ric Flair, Levar Burton, Brent Spiner, and Austin Tindle. Seen a bunch of dope cosplays and came across a bunch of dope indie artists. The booth that immediately jumped out at me was the Tuskegee Heirs. This is a comic book series started by Marcus Williams and Greg Burnham. I had a chance to talk for a few minutes with Greg and he was telling me about the project and what they have planned next. He showed me a short pilot for an animated series they are working on for the Tuskegee Heirs and although it was comprised of rough sketches and animations, the direction they are going in looks incredible. With so much of our entertainment media being white washed, this is definitely a project I want to urge you guys to check out and support if you can. All of their work is incredibly high quality. I bought their comic book and had Greg autograph it for me. Please support these humble brothers trying to do something positive for the culture. Info from their website to follow:

TuskegeeCover-1-Variant-WEB.jpg

Character Cast

Ayanna

Ayanna-Square-WEB.jpg

Able

Able-Square-WEB.jpg

Genesis

Genesis-Square-WEB.jpg

Omar

Omar-Square-WEB.jpg

Jena

Jena-Square-WEB.jpg

Slip

Slip-Square-WEB.jpg

Colonel Mars

Mars-Square-WEB.jpg

P-5000 Mustang (Jet/Mech)

MechSquare-WEB.jpg

Who are the Tuskegee Heirs

From the minds of local Atlanta illustrator, Marcus Williams and children’s book author Greg Burnham comes the “Tuskegee Heirs: Flames of Destiny” comic series. Tuskegee Heirs is a futuristic sci-fi adventure that follows a squadron of young, gifted aviators, who are forced to become Earth’s last line of defense against a menacing race of artificially intelligent villains bent on destroying civilization. The duo looks to pay homage to the historic Tuskegee Airmen, while bringing forth a new set of character rich, young heroes. With a graphic novel set to release mid 2016, Marcus and Greg intend to push this project towards animation.

Tuskegee Heirs | Marcus The Visual

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How you not gonna put "created by a blackman in the title" :aicmon:

Nah but forreal I hope this gets animated
I thought about it but decided not to. That's Ai's thing (:pachaha:)...but if the thread needs it then I might go back and edit it. I really think these guys deserve all the support they can get. Real humble dudes just tryna chase their dreams and do something positive at the same time.
From what Greg showed me I'm confident they'll be able to put out a really good cartoon based on the comics. Whether it'll get picked up by a major network is up to the "us" and whether or not we show support.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to buy every issue they have.

#BlackExcellence :blessed:

Edit: So it looks like there is only one issue so far. I went ahead copped that one for 10 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
As a creative writer myself, this was deeply moving, inspiring and exciting to read about. Orderin ASAP. Thanks for sharing. Gonna share with all my friends.