Twenty Years Ago Today...

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Didn't it happen in the dark?

Obviously the show should've been stopped. They didnt knlw at the exact moment that he was dead tho. And I'm sure Owen would have wanted the show to continue. But even that doesn't make it right to continue.

And it's sad that Rock wanted to go out there but Vince wisely rold him not to bc the crowd would react to Rock and think it was a work.
from what i remember, there was a promo playing or it just got done playing on the big screens above the ring. So we were already like looking there and you see him fall from the big structure above the ring.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I was in 9th grade at the time. There raw afterwards was the first and only time this shytty fukking business made me cry. Such a horrible fukking tragedy. What's so sad is, the rumor was once his contract expired he was going to retire. RIP to a legend.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
from what i remember, there was a promo playing or it just got done playing on the big screens above the ring. So we were already like looking there and you see him fall from the big structure above the ring.

I don't know even why they even performed the stunt if the audience at home wasn't going to be able to see it. They were playing that promo with the Blue Blazer and Kevin Kelly as he was being lowered down.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jeff Jarrett promo that was cut out of the WWE network after Owen's accident
You can see Debra crying the whole promo... like why the fukk did WWE even continue doing promos in this event, Jarrett and Debra clearly didn't give a fukk about this promo

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Pillman's death was the first death that had me shocked and shook, because for as long as I watching wrestling that was the first one where a guy still under contract died. This was the next and it was still surreal hearing about it in the paper the next day. I missed the PPV (We would get them free on Sky at the time but unless you watched it live it was days later) so the next day was the first I heard bout it and it was crazy how that was and how it made me think Wrestling as popular as it was, was also getting crazy and out of control for that to happen.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Hearing the event from the Spanish announcement team is hella eerie, you can hear Owens promo following with a thud which causes the spanish the announcer to say "Oh no" in English. The thud can be heard at mark 00:25