Two black 90s actors who took two different approaches in the industry: who came out on top

Which actor do you recognize more

• Alex Thomas

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Clifton Powell

Votes: 109 98.2%

• Total voters

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Actor 1. Alex Thomas.

His goal was to stop doing black films and end up in a major white movie to successfully cross over. Til this day he is still making that a mission. Claims to have turned down Friday and baby boy

Actor 2. Clifton Powell.

According to this brotha, he never stops doing small or black films just out of pure love for the craft and his respect and humility towards others. Ironically he ends up having a big role in an Oscar winning film, around the same time he was appearing in Friday sequels. Til this day he still does roles in smaller films

Which actor in your opinion took the right approach and which one to you recognize more

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
i think this has more to do with talent than approach. though i respect clifton's approach more.
This could be true as well but Alex claims to have turned down two movies that could have helped his career tremendously. Plenty of people blew up after Friday and he said John singleton was upset with him for turning down baby boy, which probably led to him not getting offers from John in other films he was apart of, such as fast and furious.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I don’t even know who the first guy is...

Powell tho... Dude played some good roles

bgtpOK.gif