Two men convicted in murder of San Diego rapper Cee Wee 3

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

"Like the Mafia, put out the hit and killing ya....'

In a Euclid ave version of 'Carlitos Way', Lamar Canady was murdered, inside his new business, 'Offical Cutz', a barbershop on 54th and Euclid, in the Oak Park Area. He was 32, a father, and a former West Coast crip according to family members. He rapped as Cee Wee 3 in San Diego's marginal underground rap scene, and was known in Southeast San Diego.

He was shot in a targeted killing that made headlines, as dozens of family and supporters spilled onto the street, in an emotionally charged aftermath, following the killing. Canady was shot 16 times in the barbershop he owned, by a single gunmen, working with three other men, who arrived in a vehicle with him.

These two Ian Guthrie, 51, and Peter Johnson, 40, of Jamaica, scouted the location, surveilled the subject, and carried out the execution. They were arrested almost 5 months after the killings, through phone record searches and other investigative methods. They belonged to a Jamaican drug trafficking crew, ran by a man named Omar Grant. The two were in the country on false Florida papers, and were known to have participated in a prison break/riot in Jamaica.

After a 4 week trial, the two men were found guilty of murder and related charges, facing up to 75 years to life when sentenced later this year. Prosectors alleged the two acted on orders from their boss, who wanted Canaday dead for sleeping with his women, and stealing a significant load of marijuana.

Barbershop Murder Defendants Found Guilty

Barbershop Murder Victim Shot 16 Times: Det.

Last edited:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
RIP to dude I guess, but of course nikkas standing there with a gun on the cover and one got the nerve to have a cross around his neck...was just saying in another thread; everybody want to live these rapper lifestyles until this type of shyt happens

Bankroll.org

NFT GOD
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
OVO PRE
damn they brought the hittas from jamaica

:whoo:

edit: and they still got busted

:mjlol:

edit 2: RIP to the dude tho

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
Fukk that, the words "rapper" and "murder" is once again in the same thread title.

He was shot in a targeted killing that made headlines, as dozens of family and supporters spilled onto the street, in an emotionally charged aftermath, following the killing. Canady was shot 16 times in the barbershop he owned, by a single gunmen, working with three other men, who arrived in a vehicle with him.

^^^^^^^

Business owner first.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The phone record searches I referred to in what I wrote in OP are pretty interesting.....These dudes were from out of town, and laying LOW when in the city, one of the dudes was arrested in a suburb like 20 minutes north, Rancho Penasquitos, that is a world away from Redwood & 54th. Police didn't have any leads on these guys, they had video footage of them casing the liquor store, and laying in wait, but they weren't known. So, a police phone expert used phone records from all the carriers in the area to ID the exact phone that made a call at the exact moment dude made a call to greenlight Canady on the tape.....From that number, even it had been tossed, they were probably able to zero in. And also, I imagine they had CI's and people they talked to in the streets.....I heard in the street 2 weeks after it happened it was over a large unpaid drug debt.

Those shooters were just straight Kingston Jamaican gunners, hit the dude in broad daylight on orders from above, not even a personal grudge, and still got him 16 times, and just strolled away.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

^^^^^^^

Business owner first.
Still doesn't change the FACT that the word "rapper" is in the thread title and his mixtape cover is in the OP:why:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
He wasn't killed because of rapping....nothing to do with it....The guy was barely known (rap wise) in San Diego, I promise he was more known in the street. I follow SD rap fairly close, I am born and raised here, friends of mine are rappers from here.....and they knew this dude, but I didn't, until the killing.